Chalk Holders

SSP

I have always hated having to walk around the table to find chalk to chalk my cue, it interrupts my pre-shot routine, so I bought a magnetic chalk holder that has served me well for years, it does have a few drawbacks like the holder is not secure to the pants pocket and would fall off sometimes, so I looked on line to see it there was any "new technology" in the world of chalk holders, I found a chalk holder made by a company called Crical, it was less than $25.00 so the worst thing that could happen is I would be out $25.00, just received it yesterday and I'm really impressed, the part that attaches to your pants pocket use a really strong magnet to hold it in place, the old holder just used a hook to hold it, that magnet doubles as the chalk holder as well and is twice the size of the old holder, you get (1) square silicone holder and (1) round silicone holder that has round metal discs for the magnet to grab, I was worried that the silicone holders might be a problem but they were no problem at all, you even get silicone covers to put on the top of the keep chalk to keep it from getting in you case, if you have never tried using a chalk holder this one might make you want to, I am not affiliated with Crical in any way, I am not being paid for this review, just thought any of you who might be thinking of trying a new chalk holder might like to hear it from another pool player, I'm not a great pool player but I play one on TV.

Reactions: Pin

GoodPM

I just super glue a small round magnet to the bottom of a piece of chalk and then use a money clip on my back pocket. Cost: $0.

Zerksies

I was looking for months on chalk holders with no luck.

I didn't like the bulky feeling of the holders on the chalk i ended up gluing a metal washer to the bottom of the chalk. I really didn't like that either so I'm stuck with making sure i grab my $20 chalk.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve tried pretty much every chalk holder or gadget imaginable.
Personally, it simply comes down to simplicity and convenience.

There are faux leather versions but a genuine leather pouch is #1.
It ages with time, never wears out, simple and convenient to use.

Attachments

• IMG_0218.jpeg
    IMG_0218.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0217.jpeg
    IMG_0217.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 72

jkovach

I understand this topic is directed at league or tournament play where the chalk is portable. However, I must comment as one who has a home game room, I never want chalk on my rail caps, then falling onto the cloth bed, or the floor. So, I have evaluated a number of fixed chalk holders, and have purchased those Chinese soft rubber holders on a string that require for every shot, repositioning the chalk in the holder to prevent boring a hole in the chalk, which does not provide proper coverage! In order to "lip stick" the chalk, I have equipped my table on 4 sides and conveniently around my game room with the Tweeten Rubber Covered Metal Grip Chalk Holders on a string-what an improvement!!! Absolutely a game changer for me!!!

SeniorTom

I purchased one of these chalk holders pictured in the link below. It always fell out of my pocket and it was a pain in the rear! So I modified my own with a wooden dowel that stays in my pocket all the time. It's always there in my front right pocket out of the way and easy to access. It also has my own personal touch due to the modification and my name etched on the wood dowel.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I purchased one of these chalk holders pictured in the link below. It always fell out of my pocket and it was a pain in the rear! So I modified my own with a wooden dowel that stays in my pocket all the time. It's always there in my front right pocket out of the way and easy to access. It also has my own personal touch due to the modification and my name etched on the wood dowel.

got a pic of your customized version?

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Yes that little stick is too light so it falls out all the time. I swapped it out for a brass spike from an 1800’s shipwreck. A bit over kill but never fell out again.
IMG_5504.jpeg

I’ve also made some with wooden dowels that look like a cue. Adding a fishing weight inside the tip helps.

IMG_3336.jpeg

Ultimately though I prefer the magnetic type. Secure, always handy, and no annoying dangly thing.

IMG_5208.jpeg

SeniorTom

got a pic of your customized version?

The wood was actually from an imitation shaft that was used for support in a case I purchased during shipping. I just cut a piece off this shaft and drilled a hole lengthwise to feed the string through, and filled it with epoxy. I always use golf shafting epoxy because it stays a bit pliable. One chalk holder is for my predator chalk, and the other is for my Taom V10 chalk.

Attachments

• 20230710_125511.jpg
    20230710_125511.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: bbb

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The wood was actually from an imitation shaft that was used for support in a case I purchased during shipping. I just cut a piece off this shaft and drilled a hole lengthwise to feed the string through, and filled it with epoxy. I always use golf shafting epoxy because it stays a bit pliable. One chalk holder is for my predator chalk, and the other is for my Taom V10 chalk.
Very nice
Thanks for the pics👍

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just found this thread after a search. I came to the same conclusion, the Crical is really good. Here is my review of it with a few pictures:

Greg M

I’ve tried pretty much every chalk holder or gadget imaginable.
Personally, it simply comes down to simplicity and convenience.

There are faux leather versions but a genuine leather pouch is #1.
It ages with time, never wears out, simple and convenient to use.
Those Peradon pouches are fantastic. I have something similar that I picked up from a Chinese site.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, I looked them up and they not only have pouches but looks as though they will ship reasonably. I am contacting them first though as it looks as though by their pictures, you must wear a belt to use theirs. fine for me, not so much for my wife. We'll see what they say.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
for the chalk pouch users
doesnt the chalk get all over the inside of the pouch
making it messy?

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw them, doesn't show US ship option. I really like the cut of the ones at Green Baize, just not sure if I want something that you have to wear a belt.
They probably do get messy, but would rather the pouch be messy than my pants.

Reactions: bbb