Chao to be China's head coach

GADawg said:
Chao is living in Shanghai. He has not changed citizenship and I would assume has no plans to do so. No reason to. There are MANY Taiwanese living and working in China and they don't get PRC passports.

He is teaching a handful of private students out of a nice pool room
in Shanghai where I play 2-3 nights a week.

Don't know the answer to your last question but I know someone who is associated with the Taiwan WPC team and will ask if I get a chance.

Dear GADawg:
Please send Chao my best regards. Tell him "the other Chao" in New York City says hi. Hope he is in good health and taking good care of himself! I strongly believe moving to Shanghai is a great move for him.

He has already got too many titles under his belt, including two from wpc. He deserves proper respect from people and students.

I hope he still remember me. I have spent 4 hours with him chating, he even knows how CueTable works! It would be great if you can bring some free CueTable templates and bring it to him. http://cuetable.com/FreeStuffs/TableLayout1Up.pdf

Thanks in advance
 
Terry Ardeno said:
Did Chao move there (citizenship) or is he just there for a training program?
If he competes in the WPC, what country will he represent?

Thanks everybody who posted info on this thread about Chao.

It's an interesting (& sensitive) question.
I don't think Chao will switch nationality, unless he doesn't want to return home. :eek:
But if he goes to WPC as Taiwan's player and at the same time China's coach, that'll be tricky!
 
Back
Top