Charleston S.C. poolrooms?

MisterBanker

Appalachain American
Silver Member
My lovely wife has decided that we're going to Charleston on vacation this year. Can anyone give me the lowdown on the best poolrooms in the city?

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My lovely wife has decided that we're going to Charleston on vacation this year. Can anyone give me the lowdown on the best poolrooms in the city?

I was directed to the private room for some 1P action. J-Bird plays there.
There’s two places I went to that had 9’ tables. One place had GC’s the other had Gandy’s.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Damn bigger states are big. I was at Myrtle Beach vising my grand kids last year and played in a few decent places, but just looked up how far away from Charleston that is, 2 hours. Not used to that type of driving in MA where you go across the whole state the long way in 2 hours LOL

Believe it or not, some of the nicest tables I played at while there were at a Dave and Busters, nice vintage high end tables, level, good cloth.

Leemofiah

9 Foot tables:
Players place, North charleston - Tables are not all level, and the pockets are large
Placers place, West ashley: The tables are only slightly better than the ones at the other location
Both of these establishments also have 7 foot tables
Rusty's, Goose creek: This is a private poolroom where all the big dogs play, but you need to be invited to come. I don't go out there very much, but there are two nice 9 foot diamonds with 4 1/4 pockets. Lots of action here. Ask around and someone might invite you over, I don't feel right doing it since I hardly visit. $5 in a box on the wall and play all day. If you want to go here, you're best off finding a shark at fastbreak and trying to make friends.

7 Foot tables:
Two keys tavern, Goose Creek - diamond tables, I haven't been there in a while but these tables are decent. Food is fantastic
Two keys public house, Summerville - diamond tables, these need to be refelted but are not very awful. Food is fantastic
Fastbreak, Summerville - These tables were recently refelted, and they play pretty decently. The only drawback is that you must have a membership unless you're playing in a tourney. FB has tournaments every day except Wednesday and Thursday.