Check this app out

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On Google or ios. This app checkbilliard. Ralph Eckert help developed it. Will post app description later

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Checkbilliard represents a quantum leap in billiard training methodology.
It’s a tool, or actually, a “virtual billiards coach” which allows you to precisely determine your current strengths and weaknesses – and matches specific, personally generated exercises and practice routines so you can improve where you need it most.
You’ll need a Smartphone or a tablet, an internet connection (Wi-Fi when viewing the massive collection of HD instructional videos), a real pool table… and you’re good to go! Are you ready to take your game to the next level?
An exclusive selection of the world’s top professional players has devoted themselves to the Checkbilliard system, in order to pass their knowledge, skills, and abilities on to you.
The Checkbilliard app is a completely new training concept, based on the world’s most successful billiard (training) system, the Playing Ability Test (PAT), developed by Ralph Eckert (Germany). Eckert, a billiard professional, national teams’ trainer, and author of several books, is currently responsible for the PAT system – the only billiard training method recommended by the World Pool Association (WPA) and also by the European Pocket Billiard Federation (EPBF). Checkbilliard GmbH is the legal successor to Playing Ability Test, and will organize all existing player and coach data, rankings, and test scores, into the new Checkbilliard system.
During the three year development phase, the complete “old” approach has been revised and totally new tests, workouts and exercises have been developed. Where previously, the PAT evaluation system concluded with tests, now with the Checkbilliard system, the tests are only the beginning of an intensive new training method. In order to find out how this revolutionary new training system can help you, just download the app, and give it a try!
With Checkbilliard, we guarantee that you will improve your game, and with “ball in hand” you have the control to succeed!
Have fun and success!
Your Checkbilliard Crew

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I go to download the app I get a message warning me that the app will have full network communication access and the app will disable my lock screen.

What's up with that? What does that even mean?

Last edited:

asamimasa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just tried it out. It runs a little slow for me on my device (iPhone 5), and the buttons seem to be a little buggy, as well as some messages prompting registration. Little things that shouldn't be too crazy to fix in an update. Overall, the concept of the app looks very promising. I was surprise to see a demo run by Ralf Souquet specifically for this purpose. Will definitely pull it out for some drill ideas.

Why do they need full network communication access and what is with the app disabling my lock screen?
There appears to be a strong push for a social networking aspect, and the videos are straight streams. It'd probably be a good idea to make an offline mode available, I'm certain plenty of users out there don't have a huge amount of mobile data available to them, and scores could be retroactively updated as connections become available, like with Kindle reader apps.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i downloaded the app to my i5 but all i get is screen shot images
all available tests for example doent open up to anything when i tap on it???

orangecrush

Just a banger
Silver Member
It downloaded and installed fine, but the quick 20 wouldn't work. The side buttons worked. The table didn't. I couldn't move the cue ball or shoot. SGH-T989 4.1.2

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
I downloaded it and it's buggy on my ipad. I can't create an account so thatI can view more drills.

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like this app still need some work with compatibility issues. Personally i had not much issue with it, but I have not fully explore all of it features yet.

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
Seems like this app still need some work with compatibility issues. Personally i had not much issue with it, but I have not fully explore all of it features yet.

Get it fixed, it looks like a great app and I'm looking forward to working with it.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the first means that it can use your phone's internet connection, e.g., to download videos. The second probably means you can set the app to keep your screen from turning off and locking. The 14.1 scoring app I use has this feature so you don't have to unlock your phone every time you update the score.

Thank you. That makes sense to me now.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
.... Edited out my comments because they addressed the issues.

Last edited:

kugelrund

Registered
Hi to all,

My name is Robert Windl and I'm, with Ralph Eckert and others, one of the co-founder of Checkbilliard. I had my first time in the USA on the SuperBilliardsExpo last week in NJ and thanks to everyone I met there for the very warm welcome! I enjoyed my time very very much and it was a great time there! I promise to come back. :wink:

First of all thanks for the mention here in the forum and your interest in our app. We are really very pleased! We are also a little bit surprised about the short time it needed to found mention here.

The app itself is brand new, is constantly evolving, and our team worked out some bugs in the last days. If you still find one please let us know (NOT here in the forum)! App works well on iPhones and Android. It also works on tablets, but for the moment layout developing is for phones. The ability to subscribe for the golden membership becomes included in the next days.

The app is very extensive and it has its own website with explanations here http://www.checkbilliard.com/en/help/
There is also a separate support site, or please report directly to support@checkbilliard.com And also a facebook site with newest infos (als in EN for the future) www.facebook.com/checkbilliard

Yes it’s right: The app needs internet connection (Wifi or mobile) just to stream the videos you need in the moment and also for storing your test results in the database. So we can analyze your results and give you your personalized workouts. Disabling the lock screen is necessary to watch videos continuously without locking you screen. With tests, hundreds of exercises and videos you will get workouts for your skills – depending on your player level. If you are a beginner e. g., then it wouldn’t be necessary to download all the advanced and pro stuff.

There will be no offline version of the app available in the future.
Why not? It’s easy: It would be too big for your device (more than 70 GB(!) data right now) and would not be actually in the minute when we are adding videos and exercises!! In the future every exercise will be played by different players – more than one player! So we calculated more than 1500(!) videos in the future and also US players are already available for disposal. Otherwise we can think about a offline Version without videos and making videos available just in Wifi - or you just watch videos on wifi.

And NO! Checkbilliard is not a virtual pool game. It helps you to become a better player by finding your skills and giving you workouts with videos.

How it works in a few words (more on the website): Start with the QUICK 20 to test your skills rough in 15 minutes; the result brings you to the SHORT 50 (beginner/advanced) or STRAIGHT 100 (advanced/pro) and gives you first free ‘unguided’ exercises. The results of the last two tests are bringing you to further intensive tests to find exactly your skills and player level. After playing ‘your personal test’ you will get analyses on 10 skills and our system shows how to practice them and getting a better player. Ralf Souquet and others are also joining the system. Guess why ;-)

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to write us! If you find bugs ore something else please use the support site.

Thank you very much,
Robert

PS: Sorry for mistakes in my English, I’m Austrian :)

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Robert. Welcome. I made a similar post in my local forum too. User are not too thrilled on the monthly payment part.most would mind a one time payment.

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice app, working fine on my Note 3 but a little buggy, sometimes get stuck or get a black screen when moving backward and need to restart app. Not a big deal though.

Did the straight 20, then directed to the straight 100, some nice drills in there, will definitely repeat some of them for focused practice. Scored 76, think I could get in low 80's since I messed up 2 sections pretty bad. Really does show where you might need work, especially with only 1 or 2 tries...

Was looking forward to the larger test - 450 - but I guess I have to pay for that, wasn't clear how much or how often on the phone, will have to check website for that. Nice quality on the sample vids by Ralf, and I really like the idea of getting focused drills based on results, assuming they truly are focused and meant to help improve your scores and technique in the areas you did poorly in.

Great app overall, would recommend it to people for the free section for sure, will comment on the paid section if I pursue that in the future.
Scott