Chicago-area AZers - Tip Installation??

GreekTycoon

Registered
This is for all you Chicago pool guys (and gals)...can someone please refer me to a good tip installer. For years I went to Mr. Leo at Chris', but he passed away (God rest his soul). I need to find someone else.

I live on the North side, and while Red Shoes is a fantastic place, it's too far to go for a coupla' tips. Any help would be appreciated.

One more thing...if I'm bringin' my own tips (milk duds), what can I expect to pay? :confused: Thanks in advance.

brokenarrowjbe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Florida it is 10.00 if you have your own tip at most places. I have seen players do it themselves using sandpaper and gel type superglue but I have also seem those tips come off on a hard shot about 50 or 60% of the time. Sorry I can't help you with a specific person but I got a Steve Klapp cue and he is somewhere in that area, goes by nucues on AZ I think. My buddy had one of my spare milk duds put on and that is one nice tip. I almost wish my Moori would break off so I could switch without feeling like I goofed getting the Moori. John

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
hmmm

Call "On Your Cue" mobile pool cue repairs....

773.491.0018.... I think he is at City Pool Hall quite often. He sells and makes shafts, also installs one of a kind leather wraps, and makes cases too.

"CastilloLeatherGoods.Com"

CastilloLeatherGoods

Artisan Crafted Leather
Silver Member
Call "On Your Cue" mobile pool cue repairs....

773.491.0018.... I think he is at City Pool Hall quite often. He sells and makes shafts, also installs one of a kind leather wraps, and makes cases too.

"CastilloLeatherGoods.Com"

Hey GreekTycoon,

I'm the guy the above referral is talking about and I have a workshop set up in my van complete with cue repair lathe.
I do repairs all over the Chicagoland area and suburbs. I'm usually at City Pool Hall downtown 2 or 3 times a week so feel free to call me.

Thanks,
Gil Castillo
773-491-0018

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is for all you Chicago pool guys (and gals)...can someone please refer me to a good tip installer. For years I went to Mr. Leo at Chris', but he passed away (God rest his soul). I need to find someone else.

I live on the North side, and while Red Shoes is a fantastic place, it's too far to go for a coupla' tips. Any help would be appreciated.

One more thing...if I'm bringin' my own tips (milk duds), what can I expect to pay? :confused: Thanks in advance.

You know you can still go to Chris's - Paul Navarette now does the tips, etc. there...also, Nick the owner of Marie's Golden Cue does tips over there.

- Ghost