China Open

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s some kind of tournament bracket lol. Shane vs Mario he right off the bat, should be a good one

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol Shane is in a group with Klenti Kaci and Jayson Shaw. Billy Thorpe plays Albin Ouschan right away. But none of the groups look easy.

Looks like there are 8 groups of 8, and then 32 of them go on to a single elimination round. I assume 4 of each initial group stay in and 4 go out, but it's not really clear.

That's the way I read it too. Looked like Melling lost in the qualifiers yet is still in the main event.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
5 from the US in the men's event -- Tommy Tokoph, Hunter Lombardo, SVB, Billy Thorpe, Robert Hart

1 from the US in the women's event -- Mary Coffman

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a draw at the group's stage... Some groups are just extremely tough. How do you like group E? SVB and Jason Shaw will play on the losers side after their losses to Mario He and Ralph Souquet and one of them will go home after only two matches played... Just crazy...

big_worm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a draw at the group's stage... Some groups are just extremely tough. How do you like group E? SVB and Jason Shaw will play on the losers side after their losses to Mario He and Ralph Souquet and one of them will go home after only two matches played... Just crazy...

I watched the match between Shaw and Souquet. Shaw has only himself to blame. He was just awful.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched the match between Shaw and Souquet. Shaw has only himself to blame. He was just awful.
The same observation... Two matches with him I've watched recently were this vs. Ralph and at Turning Stone vs. Eric... In both he does not performed well to say at least. If he continue play this way Europe would better have Melling on board for the Mosconi cup (IMO).

Last edited:

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 7.53.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 7.53.09 AM.png
    127 KB · Views: 613

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are just about always 12 hours ahead give or take 1 and today's session rounded down around noon.so i will say as an educated guess around 11pm--1AM tonight

parvus1202

Suspected hacked account
Silver Member
Thomas David Tokoph last American in the group stage. I never heard the name but still there. So far 3 top rated players have been out, SVB, Ko Ping Chung and Young Hwa Jeong.

Last edited:

big_worm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thomas David Tokoph last American in the group stage. I never heard the name but still there. So far 3 top rated players have been out, SVB, Ko Ping Chung and Young Hwa Jeong.

More casualties now:
Hohmann, Kevin Cheng, Chua, Liu HT

And Shaw and Kaci will face each other next.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More casualties now:
Hohmann, Kevin Cheng, Chua, Liu HT

And Shaw and Kaci will face each other next.

It would be great if their match will be streamed.
Anyone knows if the match SVB vs. Shaw is available to watch even after knowing the result?

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Better known as Tommy Tokoph. He has been traveling more recently. Glad to see a good showing from him.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big Monster field consisting of all today's top guns. Orcullo, Justin are only big names I can think of who is not playing here.
Notables who did not make the Knockout stage Last 32 which starts tomorrow
Thorsten
Kevin Cheng
Jeff de Luna
Shane
Ralf
Kaci
Liu Haitao
Francisco Sanchez Ruiz
Billy Thorpe
Ko Ping Chung
Fedor Gorst