Chris Melling what's in the bag

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Karl Boyes posted a récent what's in the bag vídeo featuring Chris Melling. One surprising thing was to see he had sandpaper of different grits, which seemed to be getting regular use. He plays with all carbon shafts.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More entertaining is his reply on the weight of his playing cue...: "No idea"

Take note spec junkies.
He did say he likes very light cues and all the weight is removed. His English pool cue is 13-14oz he said.

Rusty in Montana

As a person who has a hearing problem who made his jump cue I'm interested in learning more about it thanks in advance for any help .

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
He did say he likes very light cues and all the weight is removed. His English pool cue is 13-14oz he said.

Shame Karl didn't ask him what the balance points were on his players. It probably would have amount to something like: "why does that matter?"

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The balance point for a snooker player always puzzled me as most seem to hold their cue as far back as possible.

That has me wondering about that one-off Cuetec made for him to shoot Chinese 8 ball.

Monti

Karl Boyes posted a récent what's in the bag vídeo featuring Chris Melling. One surprising thing was to see he had sandpaper of different grits, which seemed to be getting regular use. He plays with all carbon shafts.

He said the sandpaper was for his tips

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
The balance point for a snooker player always puzzled me as most seem to hold their cue as far back as possible.
I can tell you that I will always set up to hold the cue as far back as possible. I'm also my most comfortable when holding the very end of the butt.

I can't speak for other snooker players but I used the notch at the end of the butt to index my grip.

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would you use loose sandpaper on your tips regularly though? I don't think it's for shaping.

Just saw Jimmy White doing what's in the case. He showed the small square of sandpaper saying it was for the titanium ferrule