Chris or Basil , Todd, Gary, or whomever knows

JerseyBill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do they make a four jaw chuck for a deluxe lathe or a taig type lathe that you guys make. Not one that all the jaws work at once. But an independent chuck that I can dial in very accurate. If there are none, can you tell me why?thanks, I asked this question in another thread, but you guys are the real deal around here so please respond.
thankyou, Bill

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

bruppert

<Insert witty comment>
Silver Member
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Taig-1030-4...640?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6d675d38

I had one of these on my tapering machine to I could get the dead center dialed in perfect.

But if your looking for one with the big through hole then I think your SOL ive never seen one.

I definitely saw one on Ebay 6 months or so ago. Someone was talking here on AZ about having some made but I don't think there was enough interest to make it worthwhile. I think they said they had to order something like 100 of them.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Isn't there a chuck with 4 jaws convertible either individual or coordinated adjustment?

There are 4 Jaw self centering chucks with my large bore thread being made, but I don't use them. I am not posting on here why I chose the three jaw chucks over the four jaw. But I do not know of any independant adjusting jaws ones with the large bore thread. I introduced this size thread in 1994 and I don't know of any other industry that uses that thread for lathe chucks. Others have now started making some things to fit my spindles and even making spindles with that thread for their own brand of cue lathes.

JerseyBill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member