Chuck Starkey Cues??

daytonajoe

Deceased
Has anyone heard about this cuemaker? and if so,how would you rate his quality??

I am looking for a simple dark wood forearm/butt with a contrasting handle NO INLAYS! Similar to a recently posted cue that was purchased from on the hill.

Any for sale?

PS:
DDkoop, I have been talking to Qbuilder, and although I like his woods, his $$ seem a little high for a realitively unknown. Please keep us posted on his cue you obtained

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
daytonajoe said:
Has anyone heard about this cuemaker? and if so,how would you rate his quality??

I am looking for a simple dark wood forearm/butt with a contrasting handle NO INLAYS! Similar to a recently posted cue that was purchased from on the hill.

Any for sale?

PS:
DDkoop, I have been talking to Qbuilder, and although I like his woods, his $$ seem a little high for a realitively unknown. Please keep us posted on his cue you obtained

Hey Joe,

I will say that I really like the cue I got. It hits great and the look is outstanding. Not trying to persuade you because we all have different tastes but I'm happy with my purchase.
I also have a Viattorre which is only a couple of weeks from completion. I just saw some updated pictures and it is better than I imagined it would be. I'll be be keeping my QB cue but most likely the Viattorre will become my playing cue. Tough choices but I find that I like the hit of stainless steel the best and that is what my Via has.

Best of luck,
Koop

daytonajoe

Deceased
Boston

DDKoop said:
Hey Joe,

I will say that I really like the cue I got. It hits great and the look is outstanding. Not trying to persuade you because we all have different tastes but I'm happy with my purchase.
I also have a Viattorre which is only a couple of weeks from completion. I just saw some updated pictures and it is better than I imagined it would be. I'll be be keeping my QB cue but most likely the Viattorre will become my playing cue. Tough choices but I find that I like the hit of stainless steel the best and that is what my Via has.

Best of luck,
Koop

What part of Boston are you from? I am originally from POrtsmouth NH and spent a lot of time in the Boston / Cambridge area. I moved here because of the snow!! Used to plow the North Shore shopping center and decided I would rather play golf on New Years Day !!!

Joe

candyman

Matt Heath
Silver Member
daytonajoe said:

Joe I bought one of his cues and it was very good quality I was quite impressed. The one that I bought has amboyna burl forearm and butt with a bidseye maple no wrap and no points. It hit very solid comparible to my Jacoby. It was a little light but I liked it.

jhendri2

Rack'em Sausage
Silver Member
Are you looking at this cue? Chuck Starkey Cue . I recently purchased a Chad Carter cue from this gentlemen and have as of yet to receive it. But I have had a couple of phone conversations with him and he seems to be pretty upstanding.

Jim

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
daytonajoe said:
What part of Boston are you from? I am originally from POrtsmouth NH and spent a lot of time in the Boston / Cambridge area. I moved here because of the snow!! Used to plow the North Shore shopping center and decided I would rather play golf on New Years Day !!!

Joe

Hey Joe,

I'm about 15 minutes south of Boston. I grew up in Braintree, home of the South Shore Plaza.

I hear you on the snow, even worse up there.

Koop

daytonajoe

Deceased
Cue

jhendri2 said:
Are you looking at this cue? Chuck Starkey Cue . I recently purchased a Chad Carter cue from this gentlemen and have as of yet to receive it. But I have had a couple of phone conversations with him and he seems to be pretty upstanding.

Jim

Yes I wae watching the Carter as well and some of Starkeys cues that Chuck has listed. How long have you been waiting ?

jhendri2

Rack'em Sausage
Silver Member
daytonajoe said:
Yes I wae watching the Carter as well and some of Starkeys cues that Chuck has listed. How long have you been waiting ?

I paid on Tuesday and he said it should ship this coming Monday. If you e-mail him, he'll give you a good deal. At least he did for me.

Jim

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have not played with one of Chucks cues, but I do know him personally. We both lived near each other in Missouri for years. He was a Jeweler by trade and a great guy. Pretty good player also. Everything I have heard about his cues has been good. He used to get me to do his cue work. But then he moved out to Arizona for a while and bought a lathe from me and and started building cues himself. He then moved back to Missouri about the time I moved from there back to Georgia. We have discussed how he does a lot of his construction on the cues and his methods should produce a solid hitting cue.
Chris
www.cuesmith.com
www.internationalcuemakers.com