Clapping

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh my God, Allison just shot three shots without a single clap, couldn't quite make four. Will keep you posted.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh my God, Allison just shot three shots without a single clap, couldn't quite make four. Will keep you posted.

I got to admit it does get annoying. I understand for great shots .. but every shot is a little silly lol

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
One time I had a guy, I was playing, start clapping after every shot I made. So after every make I started getting overly enthusiastic acting like Vincent (Tom Cruise) in the Color Of Money and his clapping dwindled quickly... I didn't stop my antics though... Made him pay for it till he quit with a little lighter wallet..;)

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I wouldn't care if they gave her a standing ovation. I've been in love with her ever since Eve ate apples. :smile:

theluckfactor

all in the presentation
Silver Member
I couldn’t watch the tournament of champions because all of the clapping made me sick.

I was curious if ESPN had a flashing clap light.

Earl “the pearl” the greatest shot maker of all time once said “what are you clapping at? It’s a straight in shot.” Now you might not agree with statement but in my opinion it’s awfully distracting even from a viewer perspective.

ESPN makes pool unwatchable.

Veteran68

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A more annoying version of "nice/good shot" after every single shot you make no matter how simple or routine. It makes me feel obligated to acknowledge the compliment, which can disrupt my focus. I know it's not always intended as a sharking move, some people are just overly polite, but it can shark you just the same. I try to save the compliments for shots truly deserving of them.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I couldn’t watch the tournament of champions because all of the clapping made me sick.

I was curious if ESPN had a flashing clap light.

Earl “the pearl” the greatest shot maker of all time once said “what are you clapping at? It’s a straight in shot.” Now you might not agree with statement but in my opinion it’s awfully distracting even from a viewer perspective.

ESPN makes pool unwatchable.

ESPN has a shill that comes out before the beginning of a session who strongly encourages the crowd to applaud enthusiastically.

I think the clapping is meant to be a subconscious prompt to viewers who have no idea what their watching.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That used to annoy me in apa but now mentally I'm to strong to let anything bother me. It took some work believe me lol Your playing 9 ball against like a 3 or 4 and they shit in a ball and the team says nice shot but then when the guy does make a great skillful shot nobody says a word. I remember looking at an opponents team and saying I'm not sure any of you people know what a nice shot is lol