Cliff Joyner vs. Stevie Moore

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Cliff runs balls at one hole better than anyone than Efren. Every tape I have of Cliff playing one pocket, guys like Danny Diliberto, Billy I.,etc... comment that once Cliff gets a shot he tends to get all the open balls or get all the way out.

8-ball is closer to one pocket than nine ball so I'd definately give Cliff an edge. Cliff has good positional skills in tight areas, and makes good strategic decisions or he wouldn't do as well at one pocket as he does.

Stevie should play him nine or ten ball or find an easier game maybe.

cuechick

Flys In the Kitchen
Silver Member
Stevie is a very good 8Ball player and it is also his favorite game. I am sure he was looking long term, toward getting onto shape for the IPT which is his goal right now. FYI: He was the highest finishing american in the last IPT Qualifer.
Anytime they go fpr a rematch my money will be on Stevie.

Mike Templeton

Confidence........
Silver Member
Hey CueChick or Stick (or anyone who watched),

Where were each of them breaking from? I saw a recent thread...."the best place to break in 8-ball". Those are 2 of the best. I'd like to know where they were breaking from. I wish I had known they were playing. I would have gone down to watch.

Mike

NoBull9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From the side of the table from what I can remember.I'm sorry you missed the match to.Great display of shooting 8 ball from both side's.Cliff came out ahead this time lets all hope they match up again.

BillPorter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
where to break from?

NoBull9 said:
From the side of the table from what I can remember.I'm sorry you missed the match to.Great display of shooting 8 ball from both side's.Cliff came out ahead this time lets all hope they match up again.
In the IPT, don't they have to break from the box? I think IPT rules out the normal, best 8-ball break from the side of the table into the second ball in the stack.

cuechick

Flys In the Kitchen
Silver Member
BillPorter said:
best 8-ball break from the side of the table into the second ball in the stack.

That is how Stevie had me break, so I assume that is where he broke from ... unfortunately Mike I wasn't there either. I was in my own money match in Duluth =[!

stick8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
break

Hello Mike; try to answer your q--- if they were breaking from box both were breaking from highright side of box , that the way it looked to me, flash!!!!!!! I heard that they were to play again--- if i find out time i will post---if anyone knows please post!!! as i wolud like to watch also. STICK:D :D :D :D :D

smittie1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder who was backing who?

It sucked I missed it but after a pool table move job from hell I went home and went to bed.

stick8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
who back who

smittie1984 said:
I wonder who was backing who?

It sucked I missed it but after a pool table move job from hell I went home and went to bed.
dont hold this as the truth, but the word was[ don stephens] from s.c. was behind joyner---- the poker player-- it think aries or somthing like thatwas steives man??? hear say no qoute from stick????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

smittie1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard Josh Aries was the likely candidate for Stevie.

Joyner however from what I heard was pure speculation. Keith something is a name that was brought up.

Either way I hope they rematch and I'll try to catch that one for sure.