CNC Mill

RSB-Refugee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are some photos that Blud emailed, to me. This one is really bada$$. I know, I will never have anything this cool, but it's fun to look. I have a question, on some machines I've seen, the spindle is stationary and the table moves the parts. On others it is the opposite, with stationary parts and moving spindles. What are the reasons behind the different ways of getting the same result? I guess the latter would take up less floor space.

Tracy

Attachments

• cue machinery 001.jpg
    cue machinery 001.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 420
  • cue machinery 003.jpg
    cue machinery 003.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 379
  • cue machinery 005.jpg
    cue machinery 005.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 360
  • cue machinery 006.jpg
    cue machinery 006.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 405

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mill

RSB-Refugee said:
Here are some photos that Blud emailed, to me. This one is really bada$$. I know, I will never have anything this cool, but it's fun to look. I have a question, on some machines I've seen, the spindle is stationary and the table moves the parts. On others it is the opposite, with stationary parts and moving spindles. What are the reasons behind the different ways of getting the same result? I guess the latter would take up less floor space.

Tracy
Hi Tracy,

Yes, a gantry system would take up a little less floor space.
I offer them either way, bench top ot floor model.

I'm building a new mill that will be a gantry system. It's foot-print will be a little smaller. The gantry is closer to the work table and has a much lower center of gravity. Less mass [ weight] moving back and forth, at a fast rate or slow rate. Make it easier on the work piece and the machinery. I don't like to move any of the 4 - axes REAL FAST. Not nessesary. I'm a firm believer in moving at a reliable smooth feed-rate, your comfortable with and that should be good enough. Not going to worry about a couple extra minutes per-cue....
Remember, were working with wood. We need to machine it as close as possible. Wood is always on the move! Hog it out if you will then come back and clean cut the part or pocket, and you have a perfect fit, EVERY TIME. Really.......

THE NEW MILL..

It will come as a floor model, or bench top model. Take your choice.

The bench model will sell for a little less. It will have a foot-print of 16" X 48", and can have up to 2 spindle heads.

The floor model has a foot-print of 30" X 72" and can have up to 4 spindle heads.

Both of these machines will come with Square-Rails and super-slide bearings. Each bearing is good for around 1,200 lbs of weight. The tables will only have about 225 lbs. Lots of over kill, but this is what makes my machinery hold very close tolorances, and have repeatability, day in day out.

The spindles, [like pictured] are NSK, that rap up to 50,000 RPM's, and have ceramic bearings and races. Or you can choose a less expensive spindle. I offer many options, with my stuff.

On the road again,

Will be delivering Mc Dermott's new 4-headed CNC saw by the end of the month to there factory.

Building 2 more saws, then 2 new mills, [ parts and pocket machines] one for me, and one for Gary Gold, of Junction Texas. Will post more pictures of my progress on all these machine when I can.
If I can be of help, just ask.
blud

Cue Crazy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice fabrication there blud, whish i had the funds to have one built. Tracy, bet seeing all Bluds equipment has really been tempting you to hock the farm :D Thanks for sharing the pictures guys. Very cool stuff.

Greg

RSB-Refugee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
blud said:
THE NEW MILL..

It will come as a floor model, or bench top model. Take your choice.

The bench model will sell for a little less. It will have a foot-print of 16" X 48", and can have up to 2 spindle heads.
Blud,
Could the 16" x 48" bench model, hold a full cue? Could it be used to cut shaft and butt tapers? I imagine the CNC Saw would cut smoother, but for someone just getting started, money can be pretty tight. How many birds can someone kill with this stone?

Tracy

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RSB-Refugee said:
Blud,
Could the 16" x 48" bench model, hold a full cue? Could it be used to cut shaft and butt tapers? I imagine the CNC Saw would cut smoother, but for someone just getting started, money can be pretty tight. How many birds can someone kill with this stone?

Tracy
Tracy, yes it can have a lathe operation with it. Even with a dual spindle head it can have a lathe operation added on, with a little extra work
[ provided the customer tells me in advance], within the tail and head stock. The machine will accomadate a cue 30" long. Longer if nessesary, again if I'm told in advance. Cost a little more, but not much more machine time and little more in parts and goodies.....

blud

RSB-Refugee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue Crazy said:
Tracy, bet seeing all Bluds equipment has really been tempting you to hock the farm :D
If I had a farm, I'd have already hawked it. It definitely, has me buying Powerball tickets though. ;)

Tracy

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RSB-Refugee said:
If I had a farm, I'd have already hawked it. It definitely, has me buying Powerball tickets though. ;)

Tracy
Hey Tracy, I'm in if you hit. RIGHT? about 5mil for your new cue shop.
blud

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
340 real big ones

RSB-Refugee said:

Tracy
Hey guys,Tracy [rsb-refugree] and I are in together on the big lotto, 340 million. Should net us after taxes about 60mil each. Wish us luck.
we be having a big PARTY...........and I PROMISS IF WE HIT, WE WILL HAVE A DRAWING THRU AZ, FOR A NEW CUE SHOP, STATE OF THE ART GIVE AWAY, BUILT BY ME, DELIVERED, SET UP READY TO GO.THE WORKS.FOR FREE.....REALLY........
thanks
blud

Cue Crazy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RSB-Refugee said:

Tracy

LOL, that's what I need, alittle powerball action, to be set up for life. Well, we had another really good offer today on the waterfront, and looks like We may be selling to buy the farm :D Might be calling Blud up before long after all. If everything goes well, looks like we might get that big shop, and room to roam soon.

Blud, I hear that, If you guys hit it big, I'm definatly in for the drawing, gotta fill that shop up somehow :p I'll be pulling for you guys.

Greg

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shop

Cue Crazy said:
LOL, that's what I need, alittle powerball action, to be set up for life. Well, we had another really good offer today on the waterfront, and looks like We may be selling to buy the farm :D Might be calling Blud up before long after all. If everything goes well, looks like we might get that big shop, and room to roam soon.

Blud, I hear that, If you guys hit it big, I'm definatly in for the drawing, gotta fill that shop up somehow :p I'll be pulling for you guys.

Greg
Greg, let me know when you want a quote on some equipment.Nothing wrong with wanting to up grade, with new stuff. I can get you up and rolling quick.

Blud
830-232-5991

Cue Crazy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
blud said:
Greg, let me know when you want a quote on some equipment.Nothing wrong with wanting to up grade, with new stuff. I can get you up and rolling quick.

Blud
830-232-5991

I will Thanks Blud, It's still in the early stages, so will take some time to setup 2 places and the shop.

We were just discussing It today, and believe We will be setting up a ranch style place simular to yours for the family to live, with plenty of land to make a good buffer. We have block homes now, and have kept us safe in hurricanes over the years even being right off the water, and the cost compared to stick framed is quite a bit these days, so what I think we are going to do is build the shop big, and out of block in hopes to make it hurricane proof. That way If we did need safe shelter we would atleast have that, and be safe from the big bad wolves that love florida & the gulf states so much now days. Pluss it will make one heck of a nice shop :D I was just going to settle for a large metal building when this suggestion was mentioned, so probably going to be alot nicer then i first imagined. I can save alot of money By just having the shell contracted out, doing all the plumbing,framing, and most of the electrical ourselves.

I'm like Chris, but I'd just like to start turning all My own shaft wood, play around making some laminated shafts,want something to turn several shafts at a time, and easily change tapers when I want, so My first pick would probably the same type machine he's getting. It sure would be nice to turn 4 shafts at once, so I am really thinking hard about it now, if funds allow me when all is said and done, I will be wanting to get one, before i start moving other equipment in, because it will be framed up in a room By It'self.

I will give you a ring when I'm in the position to get serious and talk price & options with you. I'm sure i'll be driving you guys nuts with questions on how to best design the new shop, when things get rolling. If you don't mind me asking, what's your average build time on that machine? just wondering roughly how far ahead i should plan.

Thanks Greg

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
time

Cue Crazy said:
I will Thanks Blud, It's still in the early stages, so will take some time to setup 2 places and the shop.

We were just discussing It today, and believe We will be setting up a ranch style place simular to yours for the family to live, with plenty of land to make a good buffer. We have block homes now, and have kept us safe in hurricanes over the years even being right off the water, and the cost compared to stick framed is quite a bit these days, so what I think we are going to do is build the shop big, and out of block in hopes to make it hurricane proof. That way If we did need safe shelter we would atleast have that, and be safe from the big bad wolves that love florida & the gulf states so much now days. Pluss it will make one heck of a nice shop :D I was just going to settle for a large metal building when this suggestion was mentioned, so probably going to be alot nicer then i first imagined. I can save alot of money By just having the shell contracted out, doing all the plumbing,framing, and most of the electrical ourselves.

I'm like Chris, but I'd just like to start turning all My own shaft wood, play around making some laminated shafts,want something to turn several shafts at a time, and easily change tapers when I want, so My first pick would probably the same type machine he's getting. It sure would be nice to turn 4 shafts at once, so I am really thinking hard about it now, if funds allow me when all is said and done, I will be wanting to get one, before i start moving other equipment in, because it will be framed up in a room By It'self.

I will give you a ring when I'm in the position to get serious and talk price & options with you. I'm sure i'll be driving you guys nuts with questions on how to best design the new shop, when things get rolling. If you don't mind me asking, what's your average build time on that machine? just wondering roughly how far ahead i should plan.

Thanks Greg
Hi Greg,
The build time is normally about 2 weeks. Sometimes 3 depending on the controler guy, and a couple of suppliers furnishing ball screw and nuts, and or whatever. if there backed up or not. When I build machines, I do my best to build 3 or 4 machines bases at the same time. It's kinda expensive, but helps with knocking them out sooner. This helps a lot

I just talked with Chris, about his machine, he's ordered. I just finished welding and de-buring it last night. Taking it to my sand-blaster guy today.

BTW,speaking of on machinery, I offer machinery lease financing, if anyones interested. hope to visit with you soon, Greg.
blud
830-232-5991

doitforthegame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Financing

I noticed some of the write ups about this machine. Blud is an approved vendor for financing with my company. We do business, startups and individual/consumer equipment leases. Give me a call and you could have that machine in your shop as soon as Leonard can build it for you. (my web site will be up by this weekend...www.towandaleasing.com) call toll free 877-893-5458. Thanks. Bob