I designed this cue with the help of Chester Krick and bought the forearm and butt sleeve from Chester back in 2004. It's been sitting in my work drawer for 5 years!! I finally felt comfortable enough to assemble the cue and finish this beautiful piece. After Mr. Krick passed away back in Dec. 2006, I didn't want to try and finish this cue without plenty of practice, no room for screw ups!
Anyway, the main forearm is birdseye maple with 4 veneers. All the ringwork, joint, inlays, and butt cap are ivory. The ivory spears are cut into ebony, then re-cut into cocobolo. Radial pin, butt weighs 15.5 oz, shaft is 12.65mm and weighs 3.8 oz. Butt is 29.75" and shaft is 29.25" total length is 59". Balance point is 18.5" up from bottom of ivory butt plate. Cue is much better looking up close and personal. I think Chester would be proud how this cue turned out, God bless and rest his soul.
Thanks for looking.
John Marshall
Anyway, the main forearm is birdseye maple with 4 veneers. All the ringwork, joint, inlays, and butt cap are ivory. The ivory spears are cut into ebony, then re-cut into cocobolo. Radial pin, butt weighs 15.5 oz, shaft is 12.65mm and weighs 3.8 oz. Butt is 29.75" and shaft is 29.25" total length is 59". Balance point is 18.5" up from bottom of ivory butt plate. Cue is much better looking up close and personal. I think Chester would be proud how this cue turned out, God bless and rest his soul.
Thanks for looking.
John Marshall