Coin shortage in the US. Bar boxes?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting article. Thanks for sharing.

Even some of the businesses that have stayed open are choosing to handle far less paper money and coin. For example, the Whole Foods where I shop has disallowed, during Covid, the use of cash and also does not offer cash back on credit card purchases.

The article suggests that once the pandemic is over, the supply of coin will return to previous levels, but who can be sure?

Since you the only person who cares it seems. If it wasn't for coin op bar boxes I would not of really even noticed or cared. As I have said before I use my phone to pay for things. Or if they don't take my phone I use my card.

AF pool guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The coin “shortage” is because people are not out using their coins in vending machines, laundromats, pool tables etc. They are just sitting in people’s homes. I for one say open those places up and watch the coins, and people, come out of hiding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don’t see how there could be a coin shortage, lots of them around. Hell, I got a couple big jars of em, right here.:grin:

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will you Guys stop feeding this troll?

In a couple days his next thought provoking question will be...

’I left a cube of chalk in my jeans pocket and my mother washed my laundry. Now my white socks are blue. How can I get them white again?’

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will you Guys stop feeding this troll?

In a couple days his next thought provoking question will be...

’I left a cube of chalk in my jeans pocket and my mother washed my laundry. Now my white socks are blue. How can I get them white again?’

Silliness. Of course the answer would be to give them back to his mother!

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You do know that the coins don’t disappear when you put them in the slot, it isn’t like throwing them down a wishing well.

Geez, you gotta start paying attention.

I literally laughed out loud

This kid used to irk me with the constant insane posts. I now look at him as our court jester...here to amuse.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Strangely enough, I have over $500 in coins in a bucket, I can't get any bank in town (Austin Tx) to take them and put them back in circulation.

Why is that? There also is a thing called a coin star. It does charge you where as a bank is free but if a bank wont take them coin star would be a good option.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I was in the local Post Office today, sign I door asked for perople paying for stamps, or postage pay via Debit Card, or Cerdit Card. Reasons shortage of paper money & coins. Thought print, and Minot some U.S. Government.

BTW if they have Covid Infected bills, I will gladly take all if they are FREE, and spend after time in the Arizona heat.

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the amended post...

“Will let you guys google to find out more info. I know next to nothing about the economy or anything else for that matter.”

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a coin shortage in the US currently. How do you think this will effect coin op bar boxes?

Will let you guys google to find out more info. I know next to nothing about the economy.
Seriously??????????????? Even IF this was ever an issue you do know that the table can be opened-up and run on hourly basis, RIGHT??

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Opened up by who, the vendor, that owns the table? They are 10 - 100 miles away. The bar owner, bartender, barmaid, does not have a key.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Opened up by who, the vendor, that owns the table? They are 10 - 100 miles away. The bar owner, bartender, barmaid, does not have a key.
Every place i go the owner owns the tables. We play on opened-up bar-boxes all the time. I don't have a clue what the OP is talking about. No shortage of coins anywhere near me.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That may be the situation, for you. Not for the OP, or where I play. One vendor, total monopoly. Every table, juke box, pinball machine, etc. Nobody is going to open them up.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously??????????????? Even IF this was ever an issue you do know that the table can be opened-up and run on hourly basis, RIGHT??

Not sure who is going to open up the table or how that would even work. The bartender does not have keys. Also I am not sure if the coin shortage will be an issue hence why I am asking. But trust me there is a coin shortage.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Why is that? There also is a thing called a coin star. It does charge you where as a bank is free but if a bank wont take them coin star would be a good option.

Not all banks are free, even for account holders, which I think is BS.

Coinstar charges 12%

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure who is going to open up the table or how that would even work. The bartender does not have keys. Also I am not sure if the coin shortage will be an issue hence why I am asking. But trust me there is a coin shortage.
I don't play b-boxes much but the places I go the tables are owned by club, no vendors. We open up all the time and just pay hourly. I wouldn't play bar-pool if i had to jack with quarters.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I don't play b-boxes much but the places I go the tables are owned by club, no vendors. We open up all the time and just pay hourly. I wouldn't play bar-pool if i had to jack with quarters.

Same thing in our area. Tournaments are always played on open tables and we are charged a greens fee.