Confirm Cue ID

fd_colorado

Go Pack Go!!!
Silver Member
I know what the owner of this cue says, but does anyone else have an opinion as to its maker?

I am not trying to be cryptic, I'd just like an unbiased ID.

Sorry for the cell pics quality.

Thanks

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Holy cow... When I opened this and saw your first pic, I thought you had my cue! Check out the similarities. I bought mine new in '74 at a S Philly pool hall. It was represented to me as a Palmer. A few years ago I tried to validate that. AZB's Tate, a highly regarded Palmer expert, said it was not. I got feedback from B Zamboti, Abbott, Bill Shick (sp?) and others. I researched the p1ss out it and it appears my cue will forever be nameless. I hope you have better luck on your cue!

Forearm Palmer compress.JPG

Joints Palmer compress.JPG

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
It pains me to respond to your thread due to your avatar, but we are a family here. ;)

I have identical cue to your friends, mine was confirmed Rambow by Andrews. Does he have original shaft(s)? If yes, what is the material? Is the butt plastic or ivory? I'm guessing plastic as he usually used ivory on fancier models.

Yours is in great shape, either refinished or very well preserved.

Bears by 7.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Judging from the butt cap and the joint I would be inclined to agree that this is probably a Rambow.

JV

fd_colorado

Go Pack Go!!!
Silver Member
It pains me to respond to your thread due to your avatar, but we are a family here. ;)

I have identical cue to your friends, mine was confirmed Rambow by Andrews. Does he have original shaft(s)? If yes, what is the material? Is the butt plastic or ivory? I'm guessing plastic as he usually used ivory on fancier models.

Yours is in great shape, either refinished or very well preserved.

Bears by 7.

Bears by 7??? Obviously an emotional choice. I like Marshall but he needs some more help than he's getting. Not so sorry to see Cutler leave Denver but Marshall and Manning would've been a great show to watch.

Re: the Rambow

My buddy bought it brand new from Rambow's shop in Chicago. He said you could always tell by the butt cap it was a Rambow. Tap. Tap.

Years ago he lost the shaft somehow. When I went over to his house the other night he couldn't find the butt section which I thought was kind of odd.

But he came over to my house to play a couple of nights ago and showed up with the butt section in a bubble wrap sleeve. I am pretty sure that he wants to get a new shaft for it.

Thanks,

Fred

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It does somewhat resemble a model Palmer that I had that definitely was a Palmer that I had back in the '70s. My Palmer had veneers, though. It was thought to be a Rambow style cue.
Congrats if yours is a Rambow!