Congrats John Schmidt Maryland 14.1 Champion

COGRATS: To John Schmidt for winning the
Maryland State 14.1 Championship.

Schmidt beat Hohmann: 150 - 21 in finals

Schmidt beat Archer: 150 - -1
And---------------------------------> in semi finals
Hohmann beat Immonen: 150 - 1

Just about everyone in pool thought he was our best straight pool player for years. Now he has proven it.

He came into Grovers in Fla 2003 or so-called himself JJ and pretty much first thing he did was run 246? in practice. I didnt witness it but plenty did and i did see him beat all comers in 1P and 9 ball.
 
Got some good pics of John and others from this event... will have to post them. I knew some pros would be at this event, I was really surprised to see so many. I was only able to make it out there to watch some on Saturday and from what I saw, it was a great event.
 
Last edited:
Got some good pics of John and others from this event... will have to post them. I knew some pros would be at this event, I was really surprised to see so many. I was only able to make it out there to watch some on Saturday and from what I saw, it was a great event.

and there are some who think straight pool is still dying-hahaha. How blind can you be?

As successful as this event has been for many years, im not sure why we arent seeing the NJ State Championship and a few more. Then again maybe its just generating interest for Pros and fans but not money.

But Sandcastle with Accu-Stats right there seems a total no brainer. Straight Pool Fans are desperate for DVDs too.
 
Last edited:
Got some good pics of John and others from this event... will have to post them. I knew some pros would be at this event, I was really surprised to see so many. I was only able to make it out there to watch some on Saturday and from what I saw, it was a great event.

Glad to see an American get the cash!! Looking forward to pics.
 
Back
Top