Connecticut Pool Room Reviews - COVID Era

pool

Poolplayer
Silver Member
Folks,

It's been a long time since I posted anything. I am possibly relocating to the Connecticut area this summer and am interested in hearing about the current pool scene in the state (and nearby cross-border rooms as well, I suppose). I would probably be in the Hartford area which is pretty central. I am mostly interested in 9 ft. tables and the only leagues I care about would be local or in-house for cash (versus APA, TAP, etc.). Tournaments are also good to know about, but I don't have a lot of spare time to compete due to family commitments.

So what are the biggest / best pool rooms in Connecticut these days - and why?

--Pool

pool

Poolplayer
Silver Member
It's been a few days and not one comment so I am thinking maybe this section isn't widely viewed. I am gonna post up on the Main forum and see what happens...

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quick googly turned up quite a few. Personally, I have no experience with any of the billiard establishments there. Best of luck once you arrive.

Keith

HAF

It sounds like Pool Table Majic in Windsor Lockes is the place for you it's all 9 foot tables and run BCA leagues out of there. Most places have mostly 7 foot tables.

Folks,

It's been a long time since I posted anything. I am possibly relocating to the Connecticut area this summer and am interested in hearing about the current pool scene in the state (and nearby cross-border rooms as well, I suppose). I would probably be in the Hartford area which is pretty central. I am mostly interested in 9 ft. tables and the only leagues I care about would be local or in-house for cash (versus APA, TAP, etc.). Tournaments are also good to know about, but I don't have a lot of spare time to compete due to family commitments.

So what are the biggest / best pool rooms in Connecticut these days - and why?

--Pool

diderot

Break Room Cafe in Manchester is close to Hartford and has 9 foot Gold Crowns, though they just sold a number of tables for extra cash during covid so its not the biggest place. They have leagues though.

Otherwise, US 1 Billiards in West Haven has many 9 foot GCs, and is run by Jayson Shaw.

Lou196755

I visited US 1 Billiards on October 16, 2023. They now have 16 Rasson tables with gray cloth and the Predator Arena lights. Also 2 3C tables available.
They provide the gray Masters chalk for you to use while playing. All tables I saw were in great shape, they had the CT open there in September. Pictures and prices on their website are accurate.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I visited US 1 Billiards on October 16, 2023. They now have 16 Rasson tables with gray cloth and the Predator Arena lights. Also 2 3C tables available.
They provide the gray Masters chalk for you to use while playing. All tables I saw were in great shape, they had the CT open there in September. Pictures and prices on their website are accurate.
How many of them are 9’ tables? I stopped by there a week before the tournament and they were closed. Bad timing on my work trip to New Haven🤣

Lou196755

How many of them are 9’ tables? I stopped by there a week before the tournament and they were closed. Bad timing on my work trip to New Haven🤣
As far as I saw they were all 9 ft tables.... They did a remodel for the tournament. They have a full bar. I didn't eat there, but the locals I talked with said it was very good food. They don't open until 3PM and I was only there from 3:30 to 5 so I didn't get a feel for the type of players that show up.
It was a nice chance to compare the Diamonds I usually play on to the Rasson table. I thought the Rasson was a little more forgiving on the banks and didn't seem to hang as many balls in the pocket. But they were also new with only a few weeks of tournaments plays on them so it may not be a fair comparison...