Consistency

RoryHunt

The King of "so close."
Silver Member
I seem to be a 5 or 6 and out type player. I can run a rack every now and then I feel like I know how to make all the shots, minus really hard kicks and banks. Sometimes I miss a pocket because of the english I am putting on the ball. My real question is, does better consistency come with time? Are there any drills to do or am I at a point where any real improvement is gonna come from an instructor? Cue ball control for me is decent, but could be better, especially when trying to break up balls in an 8 ball game.

I know this is a vague question, and i have been playing pool for about a year (bought a table 6 months ago) but I am looking for a bit of wisdom I guess, and this seems to be the best place to get it. Thanks in advance for all the help.

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
Consistency is the one thing I hear that the majority of my students are trying to find. Our entire course is designed to bring more consistency to your game. From the way you move your arm to the way you think, how you approach your shots, and everything else you do, doing the same things the same way every time is the key.

You can work on it on your own, or you can get with a good instructor who can help get you on track a lot quicker than if you try to go it alone.

Let me know where you are, and maybe I can recommend someone for you.

Steve

RoryHunt

The King of "so close."
Silver Member
I appreciate the feedback. This is one game where a person can always improve. I am in Eugene Oregon. The nearest instructor somebody found I believe was in Seattle, but if you know one closer that would be great.

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
Contact Scott Lee. You can send him a PM on this forum. He travels around the country teaching, and I thought I heard that he was making a trip out west pretty soon. He will work with you for scheduling, and you will be very pleased with the results.

Steve

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Consistency is the one thing I hear that the majority of my students are trying to find. Our entire course is designed to bring more consistency to your game. From the way you move your arm to the way you think, how you approach your shots, and everything else you do, doing the same things the same way every time is the key.

You can work on it on your own, or you can get with a good instructor who can help get you on track a lot quicker than if you try to go it alone.

Let me know where you are, and maybe I can recommend someone for you.

Steve
Consistency is one of those ellusive things in sports. Everyone who competes strives to achieve it. Guess what? Even the best ask the same thing about themselves. Why aren't I playing as well as I did yesterday or last week... month? What changed? Whats going on here? Everything seems ok except the result.

Consistency is being consistent. DUH. But we can be consistently wrong or right. Consistently good or bad. We can control some things but not others. You simply need to be in command of the things you can control.

I often wonder how can a guy who hasn't played in months can step to the table and simply play like God. What does he know that I don't? How in the heck does he do that? The only answer I've come up with is he has worked so hard on his fundamentals over many years that he knows no other way. He's ROCK SOLID. That being said he likely thinks he's not playing very well at all. No matter what everyone else thinks.

Once again Scott Lee is where we need him most. How does he do it?

What Scott will do is tweak your fundamentals and show you some drills to evaluate yourself. If you're coachable and dedicate yourself for a couple of months with what he offers, you'll be well on your way to the next level. It will take some work, dedication and faith that the information is sound. And it will be. You'll probably get frustrated. Just don't quit, or it'll be a waste of time for both of you.

But remember once you've MASTERED his offering you're gonna ask the same question.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
"without frustration you ll never now what real satisfaction is..! " :wink:

consistency always comin with good training. and from a good trainer/instructor you ll receive reproducable tips how u can train by yourself. with good fundamentals and the correct practice drills u ll shoot right to the next level.....................right after a bit frustration....and then gettin really satisfied :)

smooth stroke for u,

lg
Ingo

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RoryHunt...I am planning a trip up the west coast, from CA to WA, for next month. If you're interested, PM me with your contact information, and I'll work you into my schedule.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I seem to be a 5 or 6 and out type player. I can run a rack every now and then I feel like I know how to make all the shots, minus really hard kicks and banks. Sometimes I miss a pocket because of the english I am putting on the ball. My real question is, does better consistency come with time? Are there any drills to do or am I at a point where any real improvement is gonna come from an instructor? Cue ball control for me is decent, but could be better, especially when trying to break up balls in an 8 ball game.

I know this is a vague question, and i have been playing pool for about a year (bought a table 6 months ago) but I am looking for a bit of wisdom I guess, and this seems to be the best place to get it. Thanks in advance for all the help.