Converting a 5/16 14 Shaft to 5/16 18

POOLPLYR1111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Possibly looking into having an iPro Slim shaft converted from a 5/16 14 pin to fit a 5/16 18 pin. Is this a fairly simple fix?
Any cue makers or repair guys on the west coast willing to do this? Let me know.

Thanks,
Ron

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Possibly looking into having an iPro Slim shaft converted from a 5/16 14 pin to fit a 5/16 18 pin. Is this a fairly simple fix?
Any cue makers or repair guys on the west coast willing to do this? Let me know.

Thanks,
Ron
I'll do it for free, just pay the shipping each way. Text me

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks,
Ron
I can do this for you for free as well but you'd have to ship to Chicago. Does your current cue have an insert? If so, fairly simple to remove it and replace it with the 5/16-18 insert.

cueguy

Just a repair guy
Silver Member
I can do this for you for free as well but you'd have to ship to Chicago. Does your current cue have an insert? If so, fairly simple to remove it and replace it with the 5/16-18 insert.

What do you find is the easiest way to get the insert out?
Boring or heating?

Larry

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Screw in a joint pin and a locking nut. Heat that up with a torch and unscrew it. Clean up the threads and glue in a new one.

Rodney

hot7339
Silver Member
Screw in a joint pin and a locking nut. Heat that up with a torch and unscrew it. Clean up the threads and glue in a new one.
The few that I’ve done there’s no cleaning up the threads after. I needed to bore, plug and tap. Those fine threads don’t seem to hold up too well.

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Maybe I've just been lucky. I run a 7/16 bottoming tap (or 7/16-20 depending on the insert) in and out a couple of times and it has worked for me. Obviously, YMMV.