Converting GC IV from drop pocket to ball return where do i find the parts?

JazzboxBlues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want ball return for convenience as well. First I don't like gathering the balls. I find it much easier to get them from one location. Second I'm really focused on playing straight pool and feel the ball return is great for that particular game. I do think the drop pockets are better for 1-P. I'm not focused on that game right now. Maybe in the future. Also if I do start having problems bending over I will still have the drop pockets in my possession.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I stated the answer in the last 2 words of my post: for convenience.

Ah, I see you like 1-P...that must be why you want to do things the slow way.:thumbup:

Jeff Livingston
1p requires a LOT of ball spotting. Getting balls out of a ball-box gets old REAL quick. BTW, since "convenience"(aka "i'm really lazy") is the thing here, what i'd REALLY like to see is a auto-racker. Picture a bowling pin-setting machine that would bring the balls to the table and "WHAM", give a perfect rack everytime. Now that is "convenience" i'd be down with. ;)

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
1p requires a LOT of ball spotting. Getting balls out of a ball-box gets old REAL quick. BTW, since "convenience"(aka "i'm really lazy") is the thing here, what i'd REALLY like to see is a auto-racker. Picture a bowling pin-setting machine that would bring the balls to the table and "WHAM", give a perfect rack everytime. Now that is "convenience" i'd be down with. ;)

I agree it gets old, and that's why my idea allows either way: pull each ball out of its pocket or "flush" the table and pull any ball(s) out of the collection area.

Jeff Livingston

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I personally HATE drop pockets! Having to run around and gather balls is just so much nonsense to me and time consuming. I've played on tables with ball returns for years and never had that much problem with them. And, I've played a LOT of One Pocket on those tables. Having to put balls in a holder or other pockets as the game goes on is just not for me.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I personally HATE drop pockets! Having to run around and gather balls is just so much nonsense to me and time consuming. I've played on tables with ball returns for years and never had that much problem with them. And, I've played a LOT of One Pocket on those tables. Having to put balls in a holder or other pockets as the game goes on is just not for me.

My Gold Crown came with a ball return, I just cant understand why anyone would want to take it off in favor of drop pockets. Its easy when doing drills, no emptying overfilled pockets and all the balls come right back to where you are.