Corey Deuel

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
manlyshot said:
Kim Davenport? This is the first time I have heard his name come up since his tragic accident. Good to hear he's out and about and getting some R&R.

Now the question is which one of these pool players is the best golfer this coming week in Atlanta. Archer is currently living in this area, probably knows the golf course well. Strickland is a tough competitor as well.

Drivermaker, if you are able to attend, keep us posted on the outcome.

ManlyShot

Manlyshot,

I started a thread on Kim the other day. There is a post in it that states what his condition is. The thread is probably on page 2 or 3 by now.

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
I guess golf may be something to learn when you are younger. That way when you're eyes aren't sharp and you're skills in pool fade you have a sport that all can play.... :)

JPB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jjinfla said:
The big difference between pool and golf is that in golf everyone is competing against every other player in the tournament, whereas in pool the winner just had to defeat a few of the players. At any time in a golf match a player can gain or lose ground on the field with one swing of the club.

But, there are tons of scratch golfers out there - they just can't handle the pressure of professional play.

Jake

The first paragraph of your post is accurate. The second about scratch golfers is way off. A scratch golfer is nowhere close to tour professional caliber. Nowhere close. The reason they are not as good has little to do with handling pressure, it has to do with skill and ability. Tour players can give scratch golfers plenty of shots.

Here is one example. I spoke with a scratch golfer from my state who was playing in the state am. He was friends with a guy from our state who dominated local amateur golf and was trying to get on the senior tour. One weekend they went out and played 72 holes from the tips at decent courses. The scratch player was 5 under for 72 holes. Pretty good huh? The 50 year old shot 20 under. He is not good enough to make it on the senior tour. He is still trying. He occasionally makes a senior tournament by monday qualifying since he couldn't get through senior q-school. Those are the 50 year olds. Theres one example. For more, go find a club pro who was a great college player and plays consistently better than the scratch players. That guy can't make it on tour. For me, I remember playing a junior tournament and thinking my qualifying score was OK. I was shooting around par or a little over. One of the kids shot a 63. That guy led a team to the NCAA title. He has struggled on tour, but has held on to his card. took him a while to get it and he had plenty of years at like 123 on the money list. That guy is so much better than the thousands of scratch players out there it isn't funny. Now, how many strokes do you figure Tiger can give a field of 156 scratch players at a tough US Open course? He just might win giving them 8 strokes per day each. I think he could give up 6 per day each with no problem. Because most scratch players cannot hope to break 80 on a US Open course.

BazookaJoe

Destroyer of stickers
Silver Member
bruin70 said:
the nature of pool allows for more upsets,,,ie, there's a better chance for the lesser talent to win. while upsets are part of game playing, pool is particularly unrewarding, and in that sense, requires less talent to be competitive.

Do you actually think you'd have a better chance at the table with Reyes than on a golf course with Tiger?

BazookaJoe

Destroyer of stickers
Silver Member
Then you are obviously an idiot or a professional, Ed. Either is equally suicide for someone not on a professional level.

Perk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I golf ALL the time from spring through the fall, and play pool from the fall through the spring. I think that Pool is easier for the average person to play and get decent at than golf.

The question was mentioned who would you rather play? Efren at pool, or Tiger at golf....Well if I had to pick, I would pick Tiger, cause at least that way I would get to shoot the whole round, or at least 9 holes. I think I could get a few holes in match play, probably easier than getting a set or win vs Efren.

Both would be fun! Would make for a good story to the kids.

pro-player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny thing in the midst of all this arguing my buddies invited me out for a round of golf, I havent played in about 2 years. I actually had a good time, it feels good to be outdoors for the whole day in nice weather. Since I lost I had to buy everyone a round of beers, but it was worth the fun. Would I watch golf on TV over pool? No. Do I like golf? Yes. :D

pro-player said:
Funny thing in the midst of all this arguing my buddies invited me out for a round of golf, I havent played in about 2 years. I actually had a good time, it feels good to be outdoors for the whole day in nice weather. Since I lost I had to buy everyone a round of beers, but it was worth the fun. Would I watch golf on TV over pool? No. Do I like golf? Yes. :D

I'm happy to see that you finally "got over it" and are no longer considered a one-dimensional character.

....................drivermaker

pro-player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
drivermaker said:
I'm happy to see that you finally "got over it" and are no longer considered a one-dimensional character.

....................drivermaker

its still boring to watch

Raistlin

Ball banger
Silver Member
Two great games, however consider this: pool will give you far more 'bang for your buck' than golf.

O

osceola

corey Deuel

Hey I might not know to much. However I do know this. Corey is sponsored by myself and the seminole tribe of Fla. We have donated much resouces on behalf of pool in the past few years and I have advised Corey as well as other players not to sign the UPA contract. It is a complete joke. Since its inception the contract has been one sided. The player has no rights or anthing to look forward to in the future. As a potential sponsor for Mens Professional Pool I would recommend any corporate sponsor such as myself to run away from the UPA.

manlyshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Re: corey Deuel

osceola said:
Hey I might not know to much. However I do know this. Corey is sponsored by myself and the seminole tribe of Fla. We have donated much resouces on behalf of pool in the past few years and I have advised Corey as well as other players not to sign the UPA contract. It is a complete joke. Since its inception the contract has been one sided. The player has no rights or anthing to look forward to in the future. As a potential sponsor for Mens Professional Pool I would recommend any corporate sponsor such as myself to run away from the UPA.

Looks to me like the Seminoles can read between the lines and also recognizes the strong-armed tactics of the UPA.

You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. The UPA contract is not only a joke, but it proves, beyond all reasonable doubt, that this so-called men's union is not looking out for the interests of its members by MANDATORILY REQUIRING them to sign a one-sided contract. If any pool player were to have an attorney read the contract as currently written, they would be advised to NOT SIGN anything that could place themselves in harm's way.

The UPA is upset that Corey won't sign this self-serving contract, and they created a category called "touring pros." Guess who falls into that category of "touring pros"? Whoever doesn't sign the UPA contract and join, such as Corey, Troy, Frankie, Keith, and Earl.

The UPA has created a category and SEGREGATED good pool players like Corey, Troy, Frankie, Keith, and Earl by saying these guys are "touring pros" and cannot participate in any more UPA events, but EVERY OTHER POOL PLAYER IN THE WORLD can participate in a UPA event by paying $25 one-time UPA tax. This is discrimination in its ugliest form.

It is ILLEGAL for the UPA to create a category and put whoever they want in this category and say these pool players can't attend a UPA event because they won't join the UPA.

Again, BRAVO to the Seminoles for their contributions to the sport, and an additional BRAVO to Corey Deuel for having the good common sense to actually READ the UPA contract and realize it only benefits the UPA and not himself. The kid not only plays good golf, but he's got some brains, too.

The UPA thinks they can strong-arm pool players into signing UPA legally binding contracts that only serve their interests, and then they put a stranglehold on independent tournament promoters. Looks like the UPA's arm ain't strong enough to knock down the Seminoles.

ManlyShot

Last edited:

RunArak

Dead Account
Silver Member
Raistlin said:
Two great games, however consider this: pool will give you far more 'bang for your buck' than golf.

I must agree. Both are tremendous sports. Corey is a great role model for the game and I hope to see more of him around. Both are very challenges sports. I must agree that I get alot more pool for $30-40 than I would golf.

Mia dos centavos.