I have a previous thread on this Forum entitled "Wrap Material" and thanks to all who replied. My cue being built at this time will have some version Cortland Linen Wrap. I just procured some Cortland Linen #9 (Green Speck) and arranged to have it shipped directly to my cue-maker. I feel fortunate and lucky to have found any Cortland Linen at all but I sure learned a lot about Irish Linens, and Cortland in particular, from my search efforts.
At this time, I am still interested in locating some Cortland Linen #12 (Black Spec) for my cue. Obviously if I am not able to find any #12, then my cue-maker will use the #9 for my cue's wrap. I can live with that but nonetheless, would prefer to install the Cortland Black speck instead, assuming of course any can be located. I've already been in touch with Pechauer Custom Cues which was the supplier of the Cortland Linen #9. I appreciate Mr. Pechauer selling me some for my cue because the supply of Cortland Linen is extremely scant and irreplaceable so once it's gone, there "ain't" none forever more.
So if by chance anyone visiting this Forum happens to come across, or even hear of, someone that just might have Cortland Linen #12 (Black Speck) and they're willing to sell some, I'd pay top dollar price. I estimate my lead time to find Cortland Linen #12 is around 3 1/2 -4 months from now since my cue isn't expected to be completed until Feb/March 2014. Besides, at the very worst, my cue-maker could always remove the number #9 if I am successful in finding any Cortland Linen #12 (Black Speck).
Thank you for reading my post and any help is very much appreciated.
Matt
At this time, I am still interested in locating some Cortland Linen #12 (Black Spec) for my cue. Obviously if I am not able to find any #12, then my cue-maker will use the #9 for my cue's wrap. I can live with that but nonetheless, would prefer to install the Cortland Black speck instead, assuming of course any can be located. I've already been in touch with Pechauer Custom Cues which was the supplier of the Cortland Linen #9. I appreciate Mr. Pechauer selling me some for my cue because the supply of Cortland Linen is extremely scant and irreplaceable so once it's gone, there "ain't" none forever more.
So if by chance anyone visiting this Forum happens to come across, or even hear of, someone that just might have Cortland Linen #12 (Black Speck) and they're willing to sell some, I'd pay top dollar price. I estimate my lead time to find Cortland Linen #12 is around 3 1/2 -4 months from now since my cue isn't expected to be completed until Feb/March 2014. Besides, at the very worst, my cue-maker could always remove the number #9 if I am successful in finding any Cortland Linen #12 (Black Speck).
Thank you for reading my post and any help is very much appreciated.
Matt
Last edited: