Could anyone identify this table?

EdP

I just purchased this table used in Vermont and the previous owner said it was custom made, it had no name plate on it. The quality looked good, it is a 8’ table that is made with all solid wood and 3 pieces of one inch slate. I also just saw the exact same table on Facebook market place in California for sale. I Messaged the seller to get some info and he told me it was a custom table, no manufacturer. Is this a common thing and is it a good table?
Also, I reused the original cloth and would like to replace it and was looking for opinions on what brand and type of cloth to go with. Just a getting back into playing and enjoying it very much, would say I am still a novice.
Thanks.
Ed

Attachments

• 71754B9B-0B6B-4DED-B1FD-0B61C0CAE64E.jpeg
    71754B9B-0B6B-4DED-B1FD-0B61C0CAE64E.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 102

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just purchased this table used in Vermont and the previous owner said it was custom made, it had no name plate on it. The quality looked good, it is a 8’ table that is made with all solid wood and 3 pieces of one inch slate. I also just saw the exact same table on Facebook market place in California for sale. I Messaged the seller to get some info and he told me it was a custom table, no manufacturer. Is this a common thing and is it a good table?
Also, I reused the original cloth and would like to replace it and was looking for opinions on what brand and type of cloth to go with. Just a getting back into playing and enjoying it very much, would say I am still a novice.
Thanks.
Ed
Generic asian import. See these in every home game supply store. Decent home table but not commercial grade. Not knocking it just letting you know what you've got.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Can't go wrong with simmonis 860. 860HR will last for 5-10 years heavy use in a home. I'd definitely get rid of the red at the next recover and go with a color easier on the eyes. Tournament blue, green, gray, tan, camel or gold. Red is kind of neat but hard on the eyes. Not to mention red chalk will stain the heck out of your clothes and shaft.

In all honesty most modern worsted cloth will play great with proper installation.