Counterfeit ER cues!

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'd like to thank a member of our community for bringing this to my attention. I really appreciate that people asks to verify if a cue is truly my product.

Ebay item: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7113897434&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT is NOT a genuine Edwin Reyes cue!

Wow, I've been through character assasination, false negative publicity and now counterfeit cues coming out of Taiwan! What's next?!!

Please be advised that starting Year 2005, all ER cues will come with an x-ray of the cue itself aside from the certificate. This x-ray is going to include the cues serial number that will be inlayed in the butt sleeve tenon and shall be radio-opaque (can only be viewed through x-ray).
All other information that will be shown on the radiograph (x-ray plate) will be my signature, logo, cue's serial number, date of completion and name of original owner if inclusion is requested.

Thank you all and most specially to Worminator,
Edwin Reyes

biGhuK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Ed, take it as a compliment. :)... Think of Balabushka, and Southwest. No one would go to the trouble of copying a cue that was just "mediocre". ;D

By the way: That idea with the serial numbers is awesome. Thats a really good, original idea!

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
biGhuK said:
Well Ed, take it as a compliment. :)... Think of Balabushka, and Southwest. No one would go to the trouble of copying a cue that was just "mediocre". ;D

By the way: That idea with the serial numbers is awesome. Thats a really good, original idea!

I do but feel sorry for those who will be victimized. I'm glad that you agree with that little protection I can offer. It will add another couple of steps to production but I'm sure the the consumer will appreciate it. All my cues have serial numbers after my signature but this upcoming system will be harder to counterfeit as the x-ray should show that the certificate and cue construction should jive with what the x-ray shows.

By the way, that photo has dead give-aways showing, uneven points and wrong pin for the type of cue. I don't use Quick-release joint pins on playing cues.
Edwin Reyes

Worminator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
229   1   0
Mr Reyes,

I noticed the uneven points too and realized that was not a cue you would have made. There are a lot of scam artists on Ebay these days. Glad to have helped out.

Worminator <----- Hopes to own an ER cue soon

magnum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Worminator said:
Mr Reyes,

I noticed the uneven points too and realized that was not a cue you would have made. There are a lot of scam artists on Ebay these days. Glad to have helped out.

Worminator <----- Hopes to own an ER cue soon

Same here like what your signature says...to dream an ER cue... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
i didnt see anywhere in that auction that it was one of your cues.. in fact they didnt mention you at all.. maybe somebody else from the phillipines made it?

or did you make a cue that looks exactly like that.. well with straight and even points? lol..

chris

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ChrisOnline said:
i didnt see anywhere in that auction that it was one of your cues.. in fact they didnt mention you at all.. maybe somebody else from the phillipines made it?

or did you make a cue that looks exactly like that.. well with straight and even points? lol..

chris
He finally took out my name and I'm sure that it's because of all the mail he got. I wonder who he will be claiming that made the cue? Anybody wants to find out? If he still answers that I did then we know that he's part of the counterfeiting ring.

And no I didn't make anything that resembles that and that is the first give-away.
Edwin

magnum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ChrisOnline said:

chris

The description was changed and the Master's name was omitted but what I cannot understand is who the No. 1 Cuemaker in the Phil is he referring to?

Description (revised)

One of a kind by Philippine No.1 cue maker and finished in 2004 Jan. Curly maple forearm with 6 Amboyna points, Ebony veneers. There are Ivory diamonds in the points. Butt sleeve also is Amboyna and has four ebony windows. By the way, there are eight Ivory diamonds inside/outside the windows and two smale Ivory diamonds upper and down the window. The best beautiful area is Amboyna handle and Amboyna/ivory A/B/C/D/E rings. Shaft is hard rock maple and 13mm Morri tip. You can find all the material in this cue is top and this cue looks like new. Include speical joint protectors. I bought this cue from my Philippine friend at US$2,000. Because I order one Barry Szamboti cue, I need to sell this so beautiful cue. I prefer to use bank wire, but also accept Paypal. I will offer free shipment if price over US$1,000. Contact me if you have any question.