country of origin law

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do the pool sticks , cases and pool articles not have where they are made at?
This was a common practice ,maybe a law ?or wish it is, so we can decide if we want to buy American when similar products are available.
I think predator is overseas ,now McDermott still here? :scratchhead:
plus custom cue makers are here for most part.
There was a Chinese pool table setting up shop at the expo ,here they come!
New threat of import tax might solve this?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I bought a $3 case from J&J at the Expo and it clearly had a gold oval sticker showing country of manufacturer.

If a single manufacturer is consistently ignoring this practice, it's like assessing all professional pool players have anger management issues based on a single interaction with Earl.

I stopped by the Joy booth, and my impression is they're selling a smaller sized snooker table.

Last edited:

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe

I think most Americans have no problem buying items made in other countries if it saves them money.

I buy cues from Pat Diviney in West Liberty, Iowa. An honest American craftsman!

Why do the pool sticks , cases and pool articles not have where they are made at?
This was a common practice ,maybe a law ?or wish it is, so we can decide if we want to buy American when similar products are available.
As good as those Chinese shoot pool, maybe it will be a good thing for the game.
Could be, you know?
(I agree with the tax part....except they'll just raise the prices to cover it)
The 'Filipino invasion' certainly made us Americans sit up and take notice.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nothing like seeing a "Buy American" sticker on the back of a Toyota LOL.

The Chinese 8 Ball table was pretty impressive for the price and how it played. I don't think I'd want to see those things in pool rooms though, most people would never finish a game before it was time to head home.

McD Cueman

Why do the pool sticks , cases and pool articles not have where they are made at? ....
....QUOTE]

The McDermott branded cues are still made here in Menomonee Falls, WI, U.S.A. We do distribute a couple of lower priced co-branded lines of import cues, the Lucky and Star lines. I do hope that clears things up a bit.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless you buy something new, don't most persons know the cue-maker who made the cue?
And if you do, which I think is important to know before buying any cue, then you should have
the answer to the question........American made or not......but does it matter if the cue in question
played like crap? It sure does so the main thing is to buy what you like & not worry about origin.
All my cues were made by American cue-makers but that's not a criterion for me acquiring a cue.
The cue has to play great & look great or else I'm not interested in owning or even considering it.

Last edited:

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing like seeing a "Buy American" sticker on the back of a Toyota LOL.

The Chinese 8 Ball table was pretty impressive for the price and how it played. I don't think I'd want to see those things in pool rooms though, most people would never finish a game before it was time to head home.
This reminds me of the time I was looking at the sticker on a Pontiac whose engine was made in China, transmission in Japan and assembled in Mexico. Meanwhile, the Toyota Avalon is the most American made car, iirc.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Why do the pool sticks , cases and pool articles not have where they are made at? ....
....QUOTE]

The McDermott branded cues are still made here in Menomonee Falls, WI, U.S.A. We do distribute a couple of lower priced co-branded lines of import cues, the Lucky and Star lines. I do hope that clears things up a bit.

Love my Mc D! My first and favorite.
Fyi Predator says their Revo shafts are made in Massachusetts.
Anyone know if this is true?