Craig Peterson?

MasterClass

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello

Not sure where else to post this question.

Can anyone tell me how to identify a CP? If it does not have the C engrave on the cue.

I know he made cue along time ago and for a short while but why is his cue commanding such high value? How does a CP play?

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
The early ones can be extremely difficult to identify...they looked like many plainish Rambows, Vikings, and Nationals in the 60s. Provenance is key on those. He did his own splicing on some real early ones that look a lot like Titlists. His later works are pretty easy to identify, regardless of whether it has the CP engraving, and not all were engraved. He did some unique things with the joint, wrap, and butt cap. His points and ringwork also have some hallmark features, too....especially the points. If the points and rings don't line up, odds are that it's not one of his. No one has done better, more crisp work with less (equipment).

They are some of the finest playing cues that have ever been made IMHO.

Last edited:

MasterClass

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Strangly there seems to be little talk nor does his cue hardly every surface around here.

Especially for someone who is in the same league as some of the greatest cue makers ever lived.

Any idea where i can find more resources about Craig Peterson? Who is the authority on craigs cue?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
MasterClass said:
Strangly there seems to be little talk nor does his cue hardly every surface around here.

Especially for someone who is in the same league as some of the greatest cue makers ever lived.

Any idea where i can find more resources about Craig Peterson? Who is the authority on craigs cue?
I believe Joel Hercek is the man to id them.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
MasterClass said:

Although active for many years, my belief is that he made far less cues than people think. The BB states "less than 1000"....it's likely a good deal less. There may also be a lot of his early ones that will never be attributed to him...60s-70s. The ones made in the 80s and up are fairly easily identified. If you have one that you believe is, I would be glad to help identify it or offer my opinion. As Joey mentions, Joel is a great resource, although from a conversation he and I had about ten years ago, he wasn't writing any letters at that time on CPs.

I am also always looking to acquire his cues....CP is one of my all time fav's.

WuClan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could also try contacting Ed Young or Joe Gold. No doubt Sean (cueaddicts) could lend you an expert opinion as well.