Cue ball return

ChicagoPete

Registered
Hi I was wondering on an older Valley table if you can make the cue ball come out on the side door or where all the balls come out to rack instead of the cue ball return hole? I'm thinking about upgrading my practice table but the table has to go up against a wall. I've never messed with one but have played on similar tables at bars where the cue ball didn't go to the cue ball return hole. Any help would really be great, thanks.

framptonl

Cue It Up Lacky
Silver Member
Most Valley's have either a magnetic ball return, or require a larger ball to make it return.

Solution #1) use a non-magnetic cue.

Solution #2) remove the magnetic bar that is just inside the door on the left.

Solution #3) do not use a large cue ball.

Just wanted to make sure all the bases were covered there.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Is it a must that you practice with the metallic based cue ball? If not you should change your cue ball out for a premium aramith cue ball, I prefer to use a red circle but it's best that you practice with the same cue ball that is used at the bars you play at or shoot leagues at. If you need to use the metallic cue ball you can remove the block that holds the magnet and remove the magnet from
the wood block at the ball separator and that will prevent the metallic cue ball from being drawn to that side of the long rail separator, only over sized cue balls are caught by the top shunt.
Make sure you reinstall the wood block that once held the ceramic magnet.
Use a 7/16 wrench to remove and install the wood block/magnet holder
I've found that misaligned magnet blocks can cause the metallic CB to be returned to the improper location.

Rob.M