Cue Case Components

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
I am interested in making my own case. Does anyone sale case components? More specifically does anyone sale the tubes for the butts and shafts?

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe you can buy interiors from JB cases like you find on the rugged cases. May not be as stiff as you are looking for though.

Geosnookery

I am interested in making my own case. Does anyone sale case components? More specifically does anyone sale the tubes for the butts and shafts?
Our thrift stores often have cue cases. Usualky $5 to $10. Often new or nearly new. Could be a $500 case or a $25 case. Last month there were a stack of various new McDermott cases for $10 each.

Anyways, try getting new or used case at the thrift store and just use the ‘innards’ for your project.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
We sell full interiors but we don't keep them in stock for immediate sale.

The options to create the interior are varied and to me the interior is the most important part of a case, the actual case part. So in addition to the plumbing/electrical tubes you can also search for tube profiles and companies that keep suitable profiles in stock as the minimum production quantity is often cost prohibitive.

For starting out I really think it's ok to buy cheap cases and build around the interior unit. Later you might want to buy ours as it comes fully ready, proven, tested and with a reputation for great protection and with a lifetime warranty for the interior.

For parts try Springfield leather, the buckle guy, and Ohio travel bag.

Thrift stores were mentioned and they rarely have cue cases but what they do often have is great bags that you can harvest for parts and material.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We sell full interiors but we don't keep them in stock for immediate sale.

The options to create the interior are varied and to me the interior is the most important part of a case, the actual case part. So in addition to the plumbing/electrical tubes you can also search for tube profiles and companies that keep suitable profiles in stock as the minimum production quantity is often cost prohibitive.

For starting out I really think it's ok to buy cheap cases and build around the interior unit. Later you might want to buy ours as it comes fully ready, proven, tested and with a reputation for great protection and with a lifetime warranty for the interior.

For parts try Springfield leather, the buckle guy, and Ohio travel bag.

Thrift stores were mentioned and they rarely have cue cases but what they do often have is great bags that you can harvest for parts and material.

Yep, I've purchased a couple of purses and a briefcase for just that purpose ;) And the older stuff is usually better quality.