Cue extension II - Telescope Extension?

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Anyone tried this? Love the custom extension on my Lambros (even better than the prettier Gulyassy: no need to unscrew rubber bumper first), now would love to have an extension for my other playing cues, but need to be sure it's impossible to scratch the butt of the cue with it, plus of course that it works in every other respect. Thanks in advance!

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Why isn't an extension 'built in'? Shouldn't be difficult.

Talking about collectibles, not intention of tinkering with them.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

mnb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone tried this? Love the custom extension on my Lambros (even better than the prettier Gulyassy: no need to unscrew rubber bumper first), now would love to have an extension for my other playing cues, but need to be sure it's impossible to scratch the butt of the cue with it, plus of course that it works in every other respect. Thanks in advance!
Do you have a link or picture of the one you're talking about?

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Do you have a link or picture of the one you're talking about?

Here you go:

cueextension1.jpg

cueextension2.jpg

cueextension3.jpg

Looks to me as if one could possibly scratch the butt plate of one's cue with one of these, but not sure?

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one. Bought it at SBE from J&J booth. Last one they had. I had seen one like this before, but I thought that one might scratch the cue. I think it was from Longini. This one is softer inside. It has done no damage to my cue. I like the way it extends. I do feel it throws off my balance and take some getting used to .
Paid $50

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
I have one. Bought it at SBE from J&J booth. Last one they had. I had seen one like this before, but I thought that one might scratch the cue. I think it was from Longini. This one is softer inside. It has done no damage to my cue. I like the way it extends. I do feel it throws off my balance and take some getting used to .
Paid $50

Thanks! Curious why you feel it throws off your balance: because it's heavy, or because you weren't used to shooting with an extension?

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is very light. I might try adding some weight for more solid feel. It is hard to describe.
When closed up it fits inside my case pouch. It is much better than using a bridge.

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
It is very light. I might try adding some weight for more solid feel. It is hard to describe.
When closed up it fits inside my case pouch. It is much better than using a bridge.

Thanks again! Depending upon the shot/situation, I much prefer using the custom extension for those playing cues where I have one, too, even if (due to my height) I'm pretty adept with the rake/mechanical bridge. :eek:

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5546-1-Pool-Cue-Extension-QXtender-15-13-/370550497920?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564687e280

Here is one on ebay, I have one like this. Basically a piece of a cue with an electrical conduit reducer (rubber) with felt lining inside, wont scratch and fits in my 3x case. 2 cues, 5 shafts and extender all in my 3x5.

Thanks!