Cue extension

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been using a 6 inch extension first on the Cuetec R360 and now the Cyngery.

I like the weight and balance. Hasn't significantly improved my game, but normal length and weighted cues now feel kind of flimsy in comparison

fan-tum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been using a 6 inch extension first on the Cuetec R360 and now the Cyngery.

I like the weight and balance. Hasn't significantly improved my game, but normal length and weighted cues now feel kind of flimsy in comparison
I like the feel of my cue with a 3" ext. Aims and sets up well, but like you hasn't 'significantly improved' my game.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve been using my 8” extension and try to get us to it.
I have a 58" cue with a 4" mid cue extension, and it also takes an 8" rear extension. I like playing with both extensions (70" total) if there's enough room around the table.

The 4" mid cue extension allows me to hold the butt of the cue without my fingers falling off the back of the cue. The 8" rear extension makes the whole cue feel very stable. The extra weight doesn't bother me.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many of you guys play with the expansion on all the time? You this makes a differenc?
I play with either a 2 inch or a 4 inch extension, but I am 6‘5“ tall. The best player in our room has been playing with an 8 inch extension for the last two years and loves it. We do have some tables that he is required to take his extension off in order to be able to shoot a shot, due to the walls.

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you guys who always play with an extension play with a lighter normal cue so that with the extension it's a more traditional weight, or are you really just playing with 22oz+ cues?

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you guys who always play with an extension play with a lighter normal cue so that with the extension it's a more traditional weight, or are you really just playing with 22oz+ cues?
I think the extension weighs 4 ounces- taking the weight of the cue up to 23 ounces

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How many of you guys play with the expansion on all the time? You this makes a differenc?
I like to use sometimes but it does not make difference. Just a different feel. Definitely try and see how you like it. At first I used it as a cross adapter. Uniloc - 5/16-14.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
58" => 20.4 oz
+ 4" mid cue extension => 21.6 oz
+ 8" rear extension => 24.85 oz

Last edited:

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I don't play with it all the time since space is tight. My extension is a 6" CF one and it weighs basically nothing. My cue is a custom and I've never weighed it. I would be surprised if it was over 17 oz. I would probably leave it on if I could just so I didn't have to spend a few seconds screwing it on when needed.

I'm very good at using a bridge but the extension hits a sweet spot on some shots where an extra few inches would be preferable to using the bridge. Both are skills that need to be in the toolbox, and at times you may even find a shot that uses both bridge and extension.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I'm very good at using a bridge but the extension hits a sweet spot on some shots where an extra few inches would be preferable to using the bridge. Both are skills that need to be in the toolbox, and at times you may even find a shot that uses both bridge and extension.
What a scary and ugly word for the vast majority of pool player to even consider....lol. I'm amazed at how many shots, even at the pro level, I've seen made infinitely more difficult because of the refusal of players to develop this should be minor skill.

That said, I also have a 6" extension that came with my cue. It's seems heavy, put I've never weighed it. I prefer to hold very back of my cue whenever the shot allows, so I'd rather not have the extension on at all. However there are those times where it is handy.

What I usually see is players extending their bridges far to long for their weak mechanics to handle. Most players would be better off getting over their "Mechabrigiphobia"

Zerksies

I don’t use one. But the experimenting with mid cue, and butt extensions I would expect a headache

Protractor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't play with it all the time since space is tight. My extension is a 6" CF one and it weighs basically nothing. My cue is a custom and I've never weighed it. I would be surprised if it was over 17 oz. I would probably leave it on if I could just so I didn't have to spend a few seconds screwing it on when needed.

I tried an X5 5" wooden mid extension and liked the feel but since it didn't make me shoot like SVB and I kept banging the butt into walls etc. I gave up on it. I now use a 12" Tiger aluminum butt extension that weighs 4.6 oz when needed and have used that in conjunction with the rake on both 7 ft and 9 ft tables.

RakRunr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been playing with a 12" extension full time for well over a year now, and I doubt I'll ever go back. I'm kinda short and kinda heavy, I have a longer than average bridge, and I grip a normal 58" cue at the end of the butt. I think having some weight/length behind my normal grip position just makes my stroke feel smoother and more effortless.