Cue Extensions

Rookie33

Registered
In my efforts to return to billiards I have confirmed my stability has diminished (greatly) when reaching out across the table due to shoulder issues.

My question is…

Is there any advantage and/or disadvantage is using a cue extender that attaches on the butt of the cue vs. connecting between the forearm and shaft?
Or
Is it better to spending the money on a custom setup that is has a longer forearm/shaft than the standard?

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my efforts to return to billiards I have confirmed my stability has diminished (greatly) when reaching out across the table due to shoulder issues.

My question is…

Is there any advantage and/or disadvantage is using a cue extender that attaches on the butt of the cue vs. connecting between the forearm and shaft?
Or
Is it better to spending the money on a custom setup that is has a longer forearm/shaft than the standard?

It depends on how much you want to use the extension.
The joint extensions are a cheap alternative to buying a custom length cue.
The slip on extensions are great for when you need a little extra length for a long shot.

Joint Extension
Advantage : Longer Cue
Disadvantage : Can't add/remove quickly and easily

Slip On Extension
Advantage : Longer Cue
Disadvantage : Makes cue butt heavy

Custom Length Cue/Custom Screw-In Extension
Advantage : Longer Cue, Length and Balance/Weight can be tailored
Disadvantage : Price

BY THE WAY...

Predator makes an extension that I believe will fit your Predator Sneaky Pete

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are many that don't but I love the Balance Rite. The drawback for the ones that don't like them is it adds forward weight and may throw the balance of the cue off but I prefer the forward weight for some reason.

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
I have two playing cues, one is a standard 58" cue and the other is a 60" cue. The extra length of the 60" cue keeps my hand off the buttcap which I find a little distracting. So I bought a 2.5" shaft extension from Newsheriffntwn for my 58" cue and like it very much. At .7oz it doesn't add much weight and the change in balance isn't noticable.

I also have screw in butt extensions. 10" for the 58" cue and 5" for the 60" cue. With the shaft extension and the butt extension the one cue goes to 70", which is a little redicous lol. It becomes a little unwieldy. I honestly don't know how Earl does it. So the other cue with extension is 65" and does not change the way it plays much. IMO, that's as long as a cue needs to be.

I hope this helps.

Ben