Cue for wife

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do yourself a favor...
Make it easy...
Take her out...let her pick out a few stick designs she likes...your only imput should be steering her into
real wood/ real tip cues.
Decide which one is the best for the money.

After a while...if she still likes the game enough to warrant upgrading to something more performance designed.
(Shaft or whole nother cue)...then go from there.
Oh...and btw...make it fun.

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
OK, so she's a beginner, but usually in sports equipment I try to buy near the best. I think you can grow into good equipment and for sure that should not be the thing holding you back. Money is no issue in that case since a good cue should last pretty much forever.... That said, she probably doesn't need a Predator Blak. However, she does like mine.....😃

So, in looking at cues for women, there isn't much. About the best I see is the Athena cues. Not bad, but not low deflection either. Granted you can get low deflection cues for $120 (Ozone), but there are so many to choose from that this is probably not the greatest question for a forum... and so it just becomes a personal choice. Also, it seems that women's cues are lighter and only one inch shorter. I mean, what's that? I am confused. It doesn't appear that there's much difference between men's and women's cues....
A cue for an individual is not a Gender issue. The last time I checked, there were no “His & Hers” labels when purchasing a cue.

What would you do? Drive however far to a place where you could hit with varying weights and manufacturers. Take the one you like the best within budget and go play. Same for her.

After a while, if she loves the sport, get her a custom. Doesn’t matter if she is 1-ball an inning or 3 or 5 balls. If she loves it, she needs a custom. But not to begin with.

RingKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My wife played on a League for a year with me I got her a Meucci Cameo cue I put a 314 shaft on it for her. She like pretty things.

Terry Aeschliman

Terry Aeschliman
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you get to central Indiana, come to our pool room. I will let her try out 50 or 60 of my inventory. Prices from $100 to $5000
Terry Aeschliman Galveston Indiana 765 434 5131

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I think your best bet is to let her find something she will like. It's not a women's line of cues but Allison Fischer has a line of cues made by Pechauer. Meucci also has a lot of choices and if you upgrade to the pro or ultimate weapon shaft or even the carbon pro, all 3 shafts are great.

There is only 1 lady who shot in the league I've been in the past 6 years and she is the LO. For the 1st 4 years she used a $25 cue, but at the SBE she found a prather blank she liked and purchased it and had Pat Diveney finish it with a couple shafts. Talk about 2 worlds of difference.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
A cue for an individual is not a Gender issue. The last time I checked, there were no “His & Hers” labels when purchasing a cue.

What would you do? Drive however far to a place where you could hit with varying weights and manufacturers. Take the one you like the best within budget and go play. Same for her.

After a while, if she loves the sport, get her a custom. Doesn’t matter if she is 1-ball an inning or 3 or 5 balls. If she loves it, she needs a custom. But not to begin with.

Drive however far to hit lots of cues when buying the inexpensive one but order a custom you can't hit before buying for the expensive one? Why would she "need" a custom?

livemusic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think your best bet is to let her find something she will like. It's not a women's line of cues but Allison Fischer has a line of cues made by Pechauer. Meucci also has a lot of choices and if you upgrade to the pro or ultimate weapon shaft or even the carbon pro, all 3 shafts are great.

There is only 1 lady who shot in the league I've been in the past 6 years and she is the LO. For the 1st 4 years she used a $25 cue, but at the SBE she found a prather blank she liked and purchased it and had Pat Diveney finish it with a couple shafts. Talk about 2 worlds of difference.
What is LO? And the worlds of difference was what? Are you inferring she played a lot better with a 'better' cue? That really happens, lol? (I'm kinda new, just curious.)

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
What is LO? And the worlds of difference was what? Are you inferring she played a lot better with a 'better' cue? That really happens, lol? (I'm kinda new, just curious.)
LO = League Operator. Sheownes the league in the area. World of difference I meant is she went from a $25 cue to a $1500 cue in 1 shot. She has improved slightly but not where you would say it's because of the cue.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I found this closeout Viking with the Vikore shaft on ebay for my wife...far right. I paid around $200.
20201019_095020.jpg
20201019_095144.jpg