Cue ID please Tad?

dirtvictim

Ignore the entitled they haven't earned respect
I’ll send them to someone. I’m in Denver, I did get the cues out, funding the right case was a job itself. I’m back Monday or Tuesday & will shoot them then. I’ve never removed the bumpers on them-shouldn’t be a issue, they aren’t rotted or dried out. So I’ll try and remove them. Also for comparison I’ll get a 80’s Tad and remove a bumper. Hopefully I can get them off.

I’m pretty interested myself,

best
Fatboy
I had an 80's Tad, they have a serial number no logo.

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
My early tads made around 1973 or before did not have serial numbers. Truth is with Fred. For me, my guess is early 70s.

Imo, getting it redone is the way to go. Fred has done a few for me and the results are a brand new cue. Fred will not be working forever…

Tahoedirt

Tahoedirt
Not sure. I own 10-12 Tads. Looks a bit off to me. I have 60’s-90’s cuesplease correct me if I’m wrong- I believe early Tad cues had stainless rings ?
Received this from Fred, his words were "this looks like it could be a Tad". I'll take that as a yes based on the 2 I had and the 1970's example above and puts this at that era.
Waiting on his reply about a refinish to decide if I will go that routim

Tahoedirt

Tahoedirt
Also remember- Fred had nothing to do with these early 60‘s early 70’s Tad cues- If he’d been born, mighta swept the floors ?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven’t pulled out my old Tads yet.

However looking at it again a few months later I’m leaning towards it being a tad. The joint rings are why.

I’d have to admit that I feel like I was wrong in my earlier posts.

Sorry about that. I don’t like to guess when I post or flip flop. And I am here. Not cool.

When I’m wrong, im happy to be the first to admit it. The rings with the veneers that make the boxes have a blue tint to them-that’s Tad all day everyday.

Let me see if I can edit and post below

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
70E1DA61-6C8E-4E85-97D6-C81F92089B20.jpeg

See how those are blue in the center?

That speaks Tad to me. Idk any other cue maker who had that stain on the veneer for that ring work blk/blu/blk between the squares.

That’s why I’m changing my mind on this cue. I didn’t notice that last time I looked.

Best I can do

Fatboy<——keeping it 100 best I can

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 638148
See how those are blue in the center?

That speaks Tad to me. Idk any other cue maker who had that stain on the veneer for that ring work blk/blu/blk between the squares.

That’s why I’m changing my mind on this cue. I didn’t notice that last time I looked.

Best I can do

Fatboy<——keeping it 100 best I can
Isn't that just the veneer losing dye from wear?
The black fades out.
I had several cues do this?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't that just the veneer losing dye from wear?
The black fades out.
I had several cues do this?
That’s possible as well.

I need to dig into the vault and look at my Tads.

I’m away for a few weeks but I will when I get back. I don’t like guessing. I don’t recall that on other cues. Hmmm

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s possible as well.

I need to dig into the vault and look at my Tads.

I’m away for a few weeks but I will when I get back. I don’t like guessing. I don’t recall that on other cues. Hmmm
Happens when the varnish wears off in high contact areas (near the joint).

jus1pktson

Registered
can you show the rubber bumper and screw that can help(i have 65 and 75 77 all loa from tad) as it connect to the butt capp that screw doesn't look right imo or the bumper

Last edited:

Tahoedirt

Tahoedirt
Thanks for the help guys. I spoke with Fred a bit ago and emailed pics. The pic above is the same ringwork for sure but different joint, that's not surprising given how many they used.
The butt end is the same as one I had last year with the simple screw but that one had a serial number.
I'll update either way on authenticity. I also saw similar Ginacue and tascarella online so it will get solved I believe.
The but cap, bumper and screw look funny to me ? I’ve owned 6-7 Tad’s.