Cue maker?

HoustonInt

Big John's Cue Repair
Silver Member
I had a customer bring me a cue for a tip replacement. I noticed a name/date was scratched out on the forearm. When I looked under the rubber, I saw what looks like the same name/date. The cue looks like an older production cue but thought it was strange to have a name on the forearm and under the rubber.

Anyone recognize the maker?

9a541f57e60c17ad3f7751bb22e9caae.jpg

9eb8b6f192f8feb2e0bcaf3751bb821b.jpg

slim123

Looks like the first word on the forearm says huebler Show us the joint and the rest of the cue

Last edited:

HoustonInt

Big John's Cue Repair
Silver Member
It was a gray nylon insert. I didn’t count but think it was 5/16x18 thread on the pin.

Last edited:

slim123

It was a gray nylon insert. I didn’t count but think it was 5/16x18 thread on the pin.
It was more than likely ( looking at the condition of the cue) dirty as a something stored in the back room of a warehouse that wasn't visited in about 10 years, I'm pretty sure it was a Huebler, and the writing on the end f the butt was someone that once owned it

HoustonInt

Big John's Cue Repair
Silver Member
My customer mentioned that his father gave it to him 15 years ago and he has not really used it since then. I know it is hard to say but his last name wasn’t Childs so was Joe Childs could have been the cue maker?

I saw an old post in AZ about Joe Childs being a cue maker in Arkansas…