Cue possibly lost in (or before) transit?

iksnom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue possibly lost in (or before) transit or something else?

I can see he is online and been looking at threads ( screengrab to prove) practically all evening today but not able to reply to my emails and PMs? :(

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
iksnom......no one can ever fault you in any way whatsoever over becoming impatient or unreasonable with the seller.
Your silence on mentioning if you've heard from the seller makes me think he still ;hasn't contacted you or else you're
approaching the end of the rope with him. Keep in mind to save that rope in case there's a hanging needed.

In any event, please don't let this person sour you on other Azers or conducting business with others in the USA. If I can
lend a helping hand, please feel at complete comfort to reach out and let me know I might be of any conceivable assistance
to you. You're amazing.....I would have blown my stack before now and I'd be on the warpath for the other guy's blood.

Anyway, I admire your patience and good heartedness towards this awful situation you did nothing to create.

Matt B.

Last edited:

iksnom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
iksnom......no one can ever fault you in any way whatsoever over becoming impatient or unreasonable with the seller.
Your silence on mentioning if you've heard from the seller makes me think he still ;hasn't contacted you or else you're
approaching the end of the rope with him. Keep in mind to save that rope in case there's a hanging needed.

In any event, please don't let this person sour you on other Azers or conducting business with others in the USA. If I can
lend a helping hand, please feel at complete comfort to reach out and let me know I might be of any conceivable assistance
to you. You're amazing.....I would have blown my stack before now and I'd be on the warpath for the other guy's blood.

Anyway, I admire your patience and good heartedness towards this awful situation you did nothing to create.

Matt B.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for those words. Really appreciate it. There is one thing I would like to ask from you as a favor tho. I will send you a PM if you would be so kind to entertain.

Just for those watching on the background...

I have tried phoning the local post office, where he said he had dropped the parcel off, first hour on Tuesday ( Wednesday 00:30 hrs here) but no answer. I tried again today but a bit later in the day, and guess what I was on the phone with the local post office postmaster. Told him the situation then gave him the tracking numbers. To my shock he said they have no records whatsover of them accepting it in the system so he then checked the paperworks to see if there anything there, but nothing. We then decided, and he was very kind enough to offer to look into it more if I send the label that I got sent which I did so heres one hoping for a positive response.

Immediately after that phone call I phoned the sender via the number he had provided on the label. He picked up, I said who I was then started asking if he had been checking his emails and PMs lately, he said no, hasnt, as he was too busy lately. We went on with that calm conversation. He sounded pretty sure that he had sent the cue and that hes done his part of the deal. I asked about the receipts that I have been asking for several days his reply was if he could still find it however offered to send his bank debit transaction record should he fail to find the actual post office receipt. Promising? Not sure, Im just happy he didnt drop the call on me when I first said who I was. Think we are getting somewhere.

So we did have some sort of communication after all.

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
I hope all of this works out for you. You have been very patient and kind during this whole thing, when a lot of other people like myself would have been in panic mode and out to get the guy. I hope you receive your cue soon and that you did not get scammed. Best of Luck!

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
each person sending a package is responsible for his package to get there.

but pool players are notorious for the things they do and i would not send anything first or money to someone that isnt a major player on the forums unless it was for a nominal amount. if you do you deserve what you get for stupidity.

iksnom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The seller has got 6 itrader all positive feedbacks.

One of the people that commented in this thread has had dealth with him before and had put one of the feedbacks.

Maybe im not stupid, perhaps unlucky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petros Andrikop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So did you find additional info about the package? If it was declared for more than a minimum amount it could still be in customs, if you have a tracking number try calling there too.

JAlan

Gerbil Jeff
Silver Member
I'm not sure if this is relevant to your situation or not, but I'll share I know about the USPS or at least my local office. I use USPS on a regular basis for cheaper items, like $300 or less, however I don't like to use them for more expensive cues and ebay items because of what I see is a flaw in their system.

I use USPS 'Click N Ship' I think is what it's called, where I basically created an account with the USPS website and I go in and create my own shipping labels, pay for them, print them, etc... all online. So basically all I have to do is drop off the package at the USPS or let my mailman pick it up.

The flaw is: When I use Click N Ship or create a label through the PayPal system, my local USPS office will REFUSE to give me a receipt when I drop the package off. They say the receipt 'service' is only if you pay for the postage at the actual counter of the post office (which means paying full price as Click N Ship has a slightly cheaper rate). To me, this is crazy.... I have to literally hand them a package and then just cross my fingers and hope they don't lose it before it's scanned. Otherwise there is no 'proof' that I actually gave them the package.

Now, I don't know if this is just my local post offices being an arse or what, but I do know that I've had several post offices in my area tell me the same thing. I even called the USPS 1-800 number or whatever it is and was told the same thing as well.

That's why now, anytime I have a package over $300 or so, I will send it FedEx as they WILL give me a drop off receipt without question, even if the label is prepaid from an online account.

Anyway...I say all this because I guess there is a chance this cue shipper printed his own label and did drop off the cue, however has no 'drop off receipt'. I remember once I had my mailman pick up TWO cues on the same day going to different locations, one cue was scanned that evening at a local sort office and then had scans all the way to destination. The other cue literally had NO scans until the 'delivered' scan. *sigh*

I'll close by saying one trick I have started using that may or may not help. After I create a label online, I will immediately go in and schedule a package pickup online for my address the next day. Then when the package is picked up, I get a confirmation email showing 'a' package pickup was completed as requested. Now...the pickup is not linked to the tracking number of the package that was actually picked up, but my thoughts are that at least I have a little proof that a pickup was made :)

Anyway...good luck to the OP on getting your cue, hopefully it'll come through for you.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The flaw is: When I use Click N Ship or create a label through the PayPal system, my local USPS office will REFUSE to give me a receipt when I drop the package off.

That's your local post office. I get a receipt for every package I leave at the post office that carries a label generated online whether it be through the eBay system or the USPS.com website's Click and Ship function.

Some postal employees are not properly trained.

Jay

JAlan

Gerbil Jeff
Silver Member
That's your local post office. I get a receipt for every package I leave at the post office that carries a label generated online whether it be through the eBay system or the USPS.com website's Click and Ship function.

Some postal employees are not properly trained.

Jay

I always figured that was the case. I've ranted and raved, demanded to see the postmaster and feared I was going to be tossed out....but to no avail.

Maybe they see me a threat to their counter job by printing my own labels :rolleyes:

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He sounded pretty sure that he had sent the cue

Did you misstate that or is that what he really said?

If that is what he really said and the P. O. has no record of the package being scanned into their system, you need to speak with the seller again.

Jay

iksnom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe I have found the cue I was supposed to have been sent. It was either sold or traded to another member here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darkness Darkness

I believe I have found the cue I was supposed to have been sent. It was either sold or traded to another member here.

Could you provide some information on this cue? Production? Custom? Shaft Info? Identifying features? Pictures?

Did you find a cue that looks like the one you purchased or IS the one you purchased?

Jay

Last edited: