Cue Repair help

chaozzzsg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys,

The pin on the butt end of my Sugartree came loose. I can kinda twist is left and right, is there anyone who can help me to repair it?

I am trying to find a local cue repair guy. But if I am not able to, is there anyone that can help me? I need it repaired urgently.

Thanks for reading the thread!!!

Regards,
Kevin

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Hi Kevin,

I know you sent me a PM on this but I decided that if I reply here, more people would have access.
Since this cue is a SugarTree, I'm going to suggest that you contact Eric first.
A loose pin is not a big deal and is a relatively simple repair for the CM
that has the proper equipment and know-how. Eric would know if there are any specifics.

Yes you need to get this fixed when the opportunity presents itself but in a lot
of cases, even a loose pin will allow the shaft to tighten.
You'd just be putting the pin in 'tension' from both directions instead of one.
Like I said, get it fixed as soon as you can but it's not like you have to jump on a plane tonight.
While I stated that this is a minor repair I'm not going to tell you how to do it.
Too many things could go wrong and you'd likely need the correct tap anyway to chase the hole.

Again, contact Eric first, get his take on the issue.
The shipping is going to be big no matter who you send it to.
You say you're going to a tourny, they generally have a repair-person on site.
Talk to him and ask if he has the proper tap. If you're lucky, he'll know how to use it.
I know, that was a horrible thing to say. I don't give blind respect. I want to see the work first.

BTW Dan, if you're planning a house-call, pack a bag. He's in Singapore. Lol

Good Luck, KJ