Cue that almost hit like a schon cue " Feel"

Jpool1985

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been playing with a Schon cues for 10 plus years. I still love them and they hit good. I wanted to get reviews from y'all what other cues brand or even a custom cue makers you recommend that have a same "Feel" hit like a schon. I play with a STL4 Schon with original shaft with extra shaft as back up.

Give me some idea of a cues brand or custom cue makers to look up about. Thanks for your help. Oh I'm base out of near Austin,Tx so if know some cue makers nearby or so let me know.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been playing with a Schon cues for 10 plus years. I still love them and they hit good. I wanted to get reviews from y'all what other cues brand or even a custom cue makers you recommend that have a same "Feel" hit like a schon. I play with a STL4 Schon with original shaft with extra shaft as back up.

Give me some idea of a cues brand or custom cue makers to look up about. Thanks for your help. Oh I'm base out of near Austin,Tx so if know some cue makers nearby or so let me know.
Ernie Martinez (Colorado) and Bob Owen’s cues hit very solidly. My main player is a Schon I’ve had since 1993. It has a great hit. Those two are similar - probably better.

I just added an older OB shaft to it and I love that combination. It used to hit a little heavy - with the OB shaft it has a solid, bright kind of hit to it.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Why look for a CUSTOM, if you love your Schon. Why not get a high end Schon.

Maybe I am wrong in thinking, but inlays, or bling do not make a Cue play better.

Long ago I bought an Schragger, it had no point, rings, bling or anything. It was a Plane Jane Homely Merry Widow, but it was something that played well.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A steel-joint Jensen is one one helluva good hitting cue. Get one before Mike retires. Ditto on the Bob Owens cues. Fantastic cues from a stand-up guy.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member

I think everyone that has tried a Ned Morris cue will say it's great... among the best out there.

Storman Norman

Registered
I have a schon ltd 2301 that I purchased from a seller from this site and it hits great. But I have a nubs wagner "nova" and I feel the balance is very similar to schon and "for me" the nova hits a little more solid. I really like the nova's.
But as they say hit and feel is a personal preference, what i like in the nova you may not like. Its the closest cue that I've found that i feel that plays similar to a schon.

I'm in Austin and could meet and let you play a few games with a nova.
Just pm me if you would be interested, I live in a place called steiner ranch northwest of austin.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does it hit like a Schon??? That's the what the OP asked.
I do not know about the Schon, but I have compared Ned Morris cues to Southwest, Predator and many others. Morris cues beats them all. (Just my opinion).

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Any luck so far?

Jpool1985

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing yet. Just looking still. I was looking at Avid Cuetec cues and thinking to go Billiards Factory to check it out.