Cues

Benny

~BeN~
Silver Member
I am on the verge of changing my playing cue now... Intends to trade or sell off my AE for another custom cue.. Prefer a stiffer, solid hit, any reccomendations ? :)

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
either get a new shaft or buy a cue you like and get one made for you. schons are fairly stiff...SW...schuler makes several shafts...ed young...i think dominiak follows the SW style...

i think many cuemakers are doing the stiffer taper thing.

Zims Rack

Promoting the Cueing Arts
Silver Member
I play with and sell Dominiak cues and they do have a stiffer hit similar to the SW!

Zim

twiztid_cue

Tweak!
Silver Member
Yes I must aggree with Zim and Bruin. Dominiak makes a great cue with a great hit. I have had a local player at the pool hall i go to use my cue who has been using his southwest for years and he said he loves my cue expecially the hit. The price isn't that steep either for a Dominiak. and the style of the inlays are my fav part.

UWPoolGod1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems to me that when I used a cue with a 3/8 10 pin there was a stiffer hit, ala SW. The local custom I am using right now has one and hits just as well as a SW...but granted without the prestige. As long as it does well and/or makes you money/fame go for it.
:D

KingCarom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey UW-

What kind of cue are you playing with?

I have been meaning to send you a message to see if you are ever up in Seattle, maybe we could get together for a few racks?

Ryley

Benny

~BeN~
Silver Member
I just tried a Dominak cue from a frend of mine...Quite nice to play with but i dun really like the design of it..

B

Billy Jungle

Try DZcues.com The hit is great. You can choose your joint,ferrule and from several different shaft constructions.Bob makes everything himself except the joint pins & standard ferrules.He's a class AAA machinist , excellent pool player and very meticulous!Before he began building cues he played with a schon so the hit is similar. Made by hand is always the best.Prices are too low for now but I'm sure they will rise as more people try his cues.