cuesmith II or III in Michigan??

dirtydog48

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost convinced to buy one of these. Anyone around Det. or Flint have one I might see? Would like to hands on one and talk to an owner before spending the $$. Want one just for minor repair, have no desire to build cues.
 
wow

I thought these were pretty popular, but it appears there are none in SW Michigan. I guess I will be looking forward to Brianna's new pass-thru spindle and build my own. Taig makes these but will not sell because of a "proprietary" arrangement w/ Chris Hightower, whatever that means. Chris would not even give me any referrals in this area. Instead, he wanted to sell me a $50 DVD (refundable if I bought a machine). I think if I wanted to sell these, I would give the DVD away to stir interest. Interesting situation.
 
dirtydog48 said:
I thought these were pretty popular, but it appears there are none in SW Michigan. I guess I will be looking forward to Brianna's new pass-thru spindle and build my own. Taig makes these but will not sell because of a "proprietary" arrangement w/ Chris Hightower, whatever that means. Chris would not even give me any referrals in this area. Instead, he wanted to sell me a $50 DVD (refundable if I bought a machine). I think if I wanted to sell these, I would give the DVD away to stir interest. Interesting situation.

It means that he has an area that only he or his company can sell or use the products. It is so that there won't be too many people having the same things to sell in one area.

Ummm... what are you talking about, anyway. Some sort of machine?

Dwight
 
i think if you asked this question in the ask the cuemaker section you might get more of a response.

M.C.
 
Big dog at large and curly cues

Yes, I understand they do not want or are unable to sell Chris' machine to someone other than Chris, but they won't even sell me an extended bed so I can modify the Taig for my use. Just want and inexpensive set-up to do tips, ferrules and face joints. They will not even sell the expanded bore spindle. The cheaper machines out there appear to be junk or too much $$ for what they do. Why does their agreement w/ chris not prevent selling the Taig lathe to anyone, as it is the heart of Chris' machine??
Have gone to cuemakers section w/ no helpful response.
 
Back
Top