Cuetec Avid - Has anyone played with one and what do you think

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ,

Since the Cuetec avid has came out I have not seen to much talk about it. I posted here several months back about and it did not get any answers to anyone who either bought one or played with one. I know they have been out for some time now and I just checked to see if anyone did get one and if they did like it and how it plays. They say the shaft is as close to carbon fiber as you can get and still be wood, Low deflection. I seen the video on it and it seemed to play right along or above the price of admission, I know there is some cuetec Haters as I am not a fan of their regular cues but the Avid series seems to look really nice and for the price has all one would need in a low deflection cue. I like the version with the wrap. But have never got to try one out , Hoping someone here has . I see the SVB model is selling pretty good. I seen 2 at the Pool hall during a tourny.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ,

Since the Cuetec avid has came out I have not seen to much talk about it. I posted here several months back about and it did not get any answers to anyone who either bought one or played with one. I know they have been out for some time now and I just checked to see if anyone did get one and if they did like it and how it plays. They say the shaft is as close to carbon fiber as you can get and still be wood, Low deflection. I seen the video on it and it seemed to play right along or above the price of admission, I know there is some cuetec Haters as I am not a fan of their regular cues but the Avid series seems to look really nice and for the price has all one would need in a low deflection cue. I like the version with the wrap. But have never got to try one out , Hoping someone here has . I see the SVB model is selling pretty good. I seen 2 at the Pool hall during a tourny.
Buy one and find out. Boyes was impressed for the $$. Only around 250ish on-line. Don't like it sell it.

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guy on my team has one, I shot with it and it felt really nice. Looks good too. I play currently with an ob+pro shaft, and I liked the feel of the Avid. Highly recommend for the money.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy one and find out. Boyes was impressed for the $$. Only around 250ish on-line. Don't like it sell it.
I thought about but had not seen anybody talk about it or mention it. I thought maybe it ended up being a flop. No threads or anybody say that they got one and liked it. Not to much talk on it.

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been using it for like 2 months now. Used a Mezz with hybrid pro 2 and WX700 before this for more then 10 years. An easy switch. Real value for the $. Shaft is powerful. Stiff hit LD.
Butt seems a little light to my liking. Added 1 OZ to it for better balance. Waiting for smart extensions II to be launch by cuetec. Been playing with a 4 inch extension on my mezz for last 3 years

Sent from my vivo 1918 using Tapatalk

Last edited: