cuetec breach taom tip issues

erbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought a breach. Generally I really like cuetec products. The breach seems to leave the worst white burn marks I’ve ever seen, I’ve immediately stopped using it outside of my own table. Has anyone else had same experience? It’s literally so bad as to be completely unusable, I’m currently just incredulous…

erbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where is it leaving them burn marks? On the table cloth? Cue ball? On the tip?
Table bed, photo attached, I emailed cuetec and taom to try and figure out, I’ve never seen anything like it myself, can’t possibly believe that it’s normal or that everyone with a breach and A follow through that goes down across table is having same issue, I’m truly just perplexed and incredulous. At this point I have a $600 break cue that I can’t use.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought a breach. Generally I really like cuetec products. The breach seems to leave the worst white burn marks I’ve ever seen, I’ve immediately stopped using it outside of my own table. Has anyone else had same experience? It’s literally so bad as to be completely unusable, I’m currently just incredulous…

Early Taom break tips would leave parts of their being on/in the cloth with that type of break stroke.

Keith

erbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Early Taom break tips would leave parts of their being on/in the cloth with that type of break stroke.

Keith
Thanks Keith, I guess I just return it, real shame, like it but can't believe I have a $600 break cue that I can't possibly use lol

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Keith, I guess I just return it, real shame, like it but can't believe I have a $600 break cue that I can't possibly use lol

Supposedly the newer (2.0) tips don't burn when in contact with the cloth.

Keith

ETA: I chose not to try the "improved" version. Also, the original version that I'm familiar with does very well as a jump tip.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my students had bought Cuetec Breach Ghost break cue last month. He has no problems with it or with a tip. He used Taom break/jump tip on his previous breaker with no issues too. Our current best ukrainian player uses Taom break /jump tip on his Mezz Power Break G and he also used it on his previous Predator BK3 with no issues...
Why to blame the whole break cue? If you don't like the tip on your playing cue is it a big problem? You just change it and that's it. Right?
Why is it a problem with a break cue?
Just do the same...replace it with what you were happy with before. There are enough good tips right there. Just put one that worked for you before.

It skid

Keith
Any idea why parts of the tip would come off like that?

What I heard from a user was the tip would flatten faster than other break tips he tried

erbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for the responses. Yes, I could just change the tip, but again, I can’t believe this is their stance or that a $600 break cue should come standard with a tip that causes damage I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy’s table. It’s not a slight mark or such, I own maybe 10 cues, 5 breaks and jumps and have played quite a bit of pool over a long time of years. I’m not implying I’m any kind of expert, just that I’m not a novice either, I’ve played for the better part of 30 years and am mid 600s Fargo whatever. It’s unlike anything I’ve seen. I gotta figure out how to take a picture in a format I can post. It’s the visual equivalent of if I took a white piece of chalk and just started making swipe marks.

Last edited:

David4282

Will they change it for you like a warranty?
I just got my Breach the other day and I’ve noticed some white lines running down the cloth like you’ve explained. I got a new ghost breach that was recently restocked at omegabilliards this past week so I don’t think it’s an older version. Did Cuetec offer any warranty for the tip change when you spoke to them?

erbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got my Breach the other day and I’ve noticed some white lines running down the cloth like you’ve explained. I got a new ghost breach that was recently restocked at omegabilliards this past week so I don’t think it’s an older version. Did Cuetec offer any warranty for the tip change when you spoke to them?
No, they did not. They acknowledged it’s been a problem for some but did not offer anything of a warranty or other.

I’m not a person that generally a complainer, I love the way it breaks and jumps but this tip…these marks…lol…I dunno. I just couldn’t believe it could just be the one I got lol

Do you use yours at tournaments and such? I hit one break at the last tournament I went to, immediately broke it down, put it in my bag and hasn’t been out since.

David4282

No, they did not. They acknowledged it’s been a problem for some but did not offer anything of a warranty or other.

I’m not a person that generally a complainer, I love the way it breaks and jumps but this tip…these marks…lol…I dunno. I just couldn’t believe it could just be the one I got lol

Do you use yours at tournaments and such? I hit one break at the last tournament I went to, immediately broke it down, put it in my bag and hasn’t been out since.
I just opened the box this morning and hit 5-6 breaks on my home table and wondered what it was after the first break. I hate to put a new tip on after buying it brand new. I may just return it.