Cuetec Cynergy - 12.5mm

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently dipped my toe in the world of carbon fiber. I decided on the Cuetec Cynergy 12.5mm primarily because a good friend had a hand in the R&D and the limited time I've hit with one, it seemed to be the one that felt and sounded like a wood shaft vs the competition. I started playing pool about 30 years ago and used solid maple shafts exclusively until I got the Cynergy. I've got roughly 4 hours of table time (practice) on the Cynergy. My take: the Cynergy is not LD. There's a fair amount of deflection or squirt going on, which I like coming from a solid maple shaft. Close to medium length spin shots are't a problem but medium speed, long spin shots took some adjustment. The use of inside English is still a work in progress in terms of consistently hitting the aiming point. I will say that I can direct the cue ball on certain shots in a way I cannot with a solid maple shaft. I can also move the cue ball with less effort, especially on draw shots. I've joked with my buddies it's borderline cheating. I really like how smooth it is even without a glove. I was worried I might have to add a glove to my list of equipment but I don't think I'll need to. I also like the fact that it's easy to clean and it will never "blue". To wrap it up, there is certainly a level of adjustment needed, at least for me but it isn't insurmountable by any means or a deterrent in continuing on. I'm a little neurotic about things matching so I had to go the extra mile and have the ringwork added to the Cynergy to match my player and to right-size the collar diameter. I would have never felt "comfortable" with it with the shaft collar being a smaller diameter than the butt and the ringwork out of balance.

52688915044_c587356abc_h.jpg

52688642596_29c4ab1d80_h.jpg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Weird. I've tested a couple 12.5Cyn's and both were pretty low deflection. About the same as my Mezz WX700 which is about the same as a 314Pred. The 11.75 version was really low squirt but i don't like shafts that small. Compared to my old-school Jensen with ivory ferules all are WAY less deflection.

Zerksies

I went with a Revo and it took me about a good two weeks to fully get use to it.

As per the glove I had the same feeling that i might need one, I'm huge anti-glove. It's been about 5 months and find no need to ever need a glove. At this point i know i will never need one. About a month ago i was in the pool hall and i found it funny everyone was wearing a glove and using a wood shaft. I'm the only one using Carbon and no glove.

I would definitely say get some cleaning wipes, i go about a week or two before i start feeling the grit of the chalk. They all seem pretty cheap box of 50 is about $25

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is LD, about the level of a 314. Too much flex and odd feel for me on spin shots though. My son and I owned one for almost literally a day before someone traded his Revo for it when they were harder to find in stock. I've shot with a few others that others owned, still a bit blah about it. Good for those that want a CF shaft that is close to wood flex and deflection, but more deflection than the lowest deflection wood shafts like the Z3.

Grimper

I went with a Revo and it took me about a good two weeks to fully get use to it.

As per the glove I had the same feeling that i might need one, I'm huge anti-glove. It's been about 5 months and find no need to ever need a glove. At this point i know i will never need one. About a month ago i was in the pool hall and i found it funny everyone was wearing a glove and using a wood shaft. I'm the only one using Carbon and no glove.

I would definitely say get some cleaning wipes, i go about a week or two before i start feeling the grit of the chalk. They all seem pretty cheap box of 50 is about $25
Everyone is different. I sweat so much, that at the end of the night my pool glove is wet (not dripping wet, but definitely wet).

LonelyBones

Everyone is different. I sweat so much, that at the end of the night my pool glove is wet (not dripping wet, but definitely wet).
Yes, same here. The combination of sweat and dust from the table sometimes makes the shaft less than smooth, so when I feel my bridge hand starts to sweat, out comes the glove 😅