Cuetec Cynergy 15k

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Cuetec Cynergy 15k shaft is... Mehhh, Just not for me me. Hit's softer than the Revo, quieter and just feels dead to me. Super long taper is decent, but feels a bit strange. Ferrule " I guess " helps with sighting up you'r shot. I can also see a seem of the shaft and the carbon has rings all the way down it, Unlike the revo that is multi-directional weave this is not a huge deal but seems a bit like a poor imitation. All around not a bad shaft but I'll leave it to my pops as I did order it in for him. Super happy he likes it so far and I found one for him. My review is subjective of course, but just posting some feedback on it so others know.

UPDATED : FEB/27/2019

Upon further review of the shaft, after the sniper tip is broken in it truly has a pleasant wood tone/note to it, also It was the butt that I had tried the shaft on that caused me to think the shaft hit quite dead. Feel is very important to me as is sound. I decided to put the shaft on my Guerra cue to try, and the cue hit a tone that sounded great and moved the cue ball effortlessly around the table, Great accurate long shots, after I adjusted around only 20 minutes to the taper I was starting to enjoy the shaft and low low deflection proporties it had to offer. I have to say I'm still not the hugest fan of the super slim taper, but If I ever chose to shoot with a Cynergy shaft I'm sure I would be able to get use to it. I am looking forward to trying the Mezz Ignite shaft and their pro taper 12.2 mm shaft before making any huge leaps towards choosing to put a Revo, Cynergy, or Ignite in my case! Who knows, I may just meet them in between with a Mezz WXalpha If I ever go low deflection again.

Last edited:

superstroker19

Registered
Wow I had the opposite happen for me, this shaft hits perfect and deflection is not far off from the revo. Its not as stiff as the revo but that is a good thing for me I felt the revo was like hitting with a lead pipe. I think Cuetec will do very well with these I think they did an amazing job with the tech and I think it is a very high quality product and this is coming from a guy tuat has played predator shafts my entire life. #Cuetec cynergy 15k is legit

Locotone07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow I had the opposite happen for me, this shaft hits perfect and deflection is not far off from the revo. Its not as stiff as the revo but that is a good thing for me I felt the revo was like hitting with a lead pipe. I think Cuetec will do very well with these I think they did an amazing job with the tech and I think it is a very high quality product and this is coming from a guy tuat has played predator shafts my entire life. #Cuetec cynergy 15k is legit

I’ve not had experience with either, but, Dr Dave did some testing:
https://youtu.be/AwytGsNl2vc
The 15K’s deflection was somewhere between the Revo and a maple Players shaft...take it with a grain of salt

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
received mine last night. 12.9 revo hits good but does have a distinctive tingy sound during the stroke and hit. For me, was too thick being a 12.9.

Bought a becue shaft that is 12.0mm, no tingy sound but feels much more of a plastic composite than carbon. Flexible too... not stiff at all.

With the cuetec, its a combo of a stiff hit but without the tingy sound. I got one for my recent sotka purchase (uniloc) and this is most likely the shaft I will continue using.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20190103_194513.jpg
    thumbnail_20190103_194513.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 7,727
  • thumbnail_20190103_194502.jpg
    thumbnail_20190103_194502.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 7,097
  • thumbnail_20190103_193359.jpg
    thumbnail_20190103_193359.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 6,965
  • thumbnail_20190103_193106.jpg
    thumbnail_20190103_193106.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 6,932

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
Also just received mine. Radial pin

First thoughts
Better hit feel than revo as others have said not hollow feeling. Finish seem more polished.
Like the white ferrule idea. Really don’t notice a deflection difference. But then I’m not a TOP LEVEL player. Can runs racks but also can ruin a run out. LOL

Note: no wipes, shealth or wiping towel. Cuetec says 75 % or more vs revo 91% isopropyl.

superstroker19

Registered
Also just received mine. Radial pin

First thoughts
Better hit feel than revo as others have said not hollow feeling. Finish seem more polished.
Like the white ferrule idea. Really don’t notice a deflection difference. But then I’m not a TOP LEVEL player. Can runs racks but also can ruin a run out. LOL

Note: no wipes, shealth or wiping towel. Cuetec says 75 % or more vs revo 91% isopropyl.

Day 2 with the cuetec, hit of this is addicting and im really starting to like this shaft. The taper and hit of it is perfect I believe I will be switching to it full time this week, cuetec hit a homerun with this thing I can see lots if people liking this shaft

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Update

UPDATE
Upon further review of the shaft, after the sniper tip is broken in it truly has a pleasant wood tone/note to it, also It was the butt that I had tried the shaft on that caused me to think the shaft hit quite dead. Feel is very important to me as is sound. I decided to put the shaft on my Guerra cue to try, and the cue hit a tone that sounded great and moved the cue ball effortlessly around the table, Great accurate long shots, after I adjusted around only 20 minutes to the taper I was starting to enjoy the shaft and low low deflection proporties it had to offer. I have to say I'm still not the hugest fan of the super slim taper, but If I ever chose to shoot with a Cynergy shaft I'm sure I would be able to get use to it. I am looking forward to trying the Mezz Ignite shaft and their pro taper 12.2 mm shaft before making any huge leaps towards choosing to put a Revo, Cynergy, or Ignite in my case! Who knows, I may just meet them in between with a Mezz WXalpha If I ever go low deflection again.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got mine in the other day. 5/16 by 14 to fit my Schon cues. I like it, and everyone who has tried it also likes it. Several, who shoot with the Revo, like the Cuetec better. Myself included.

The sound is better and the ferrule is well liked by all. It breaks up and gives a better color contrast than the Revo.

I guess my only complaint, if you can call it such, is the tip. I may change it out to something else. Anyone change theirs out yet?

travislj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got mine in the other day. 5/16 by 14 to fit my Schon cues. I like it, and everyone who has tried it also likes it. Several, who shoot with the Revo, like the Cuetec better. Myself included.

The sound is better and the ferrule is well liked by all. It breaks up and gives a better color contrast than the Revo.

I guess my only complaint, if you can call it such, is the tip. I may change it out to something else. Anyone change theirs out yet?

I changed mine to a G2 soft tip. I like it even better now. But to be honest the Sniper tip wasn't terrible

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The sniper is good. I tried a kamui black clear medium and plays just awesome. I swear i will buy and sell stuff but as far as playing, I never want to hit with another shaft ever.
Ive always said i dont care who makes the cue as long as it plays good. My cue guy fitted the cyenergy shaft to my Layani butt.
With the conical joint and this shaft is truely the closest ive come to perfection for my style. Cyenergy gets 5 stars from me and i play at a decent speed.

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The sniper is good. I tried a kamui black clear medium and plays just awesome. I swear i will buy and sell stuff but as far as playing, I never want to hit with another shaft ever.
Ive always said i dont care who makes the cue as long as it plays good. My cue guy fitted the cyenergy shaft to my Layani butt.
With the conical joint and this shaft is truely the closest ive come to perfection for my style. Cyenergy gets 5 stars from me and i play at a decent speed.

You did say in another post that the shaft your friend has gets marks from raking the balls...does this happen to you as well?

I just got mine but I don’t feel comfy with the taper & I feel the Revo fits much better on my Predator butt. I have not shot with yet and I’m not sure I want to make that adjustment.

travislj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You did say in another post that the shaft your friend has gets marks from raking the balls...does this happen to you as well?

I just got mine but I don’t feel comfy with the taper & I feel the Revo fits much better on my Predator butt. I have not shot with yet and I’m not sure I want to make that adjustment.

I can say I haven't noticed any marks on mine. I also have a Revo. They are both nice & as long as you use common since they should last a long time. Hope this helps

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He did get marks but when you stick handle like your playing hockey , i think it would leave marks on any shaft. I know revos scratch as well. I love the taper myself but as far as it not fitting as well on your predator butt im not sure why. Predator is standard 840 at the joint and so is the cuetec.

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can say I haven't noticed any marks on mine. I also have a Revo. They are both nice & as long as you use common since they should last a long time. Hope this helps

Good to know regarding having no marks on the shaft. Thank you.

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He did get marks but when you stick handle like your playing hockey , i think it would leave marks on any shaft. I know revos scratch as well. I love the taper myself but as far as it not fitting as well on your predator butt im not sure why. Predator is standard 840 at the joint and so is the cuetec.

I guess if you manhandle the shaft then yes it eventually show signs of such.

Regarding my comment on the shaft not fittIng well, it is flush when put together. maybe I’m just used to the shaft having a thin black collar on the Revo vs Cuetec’s slightly thicker collar.

I will give it a fair shake by trying it out & report back here.

travislj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have both radial & uniloc Cynergy shafts, both on predator butts and they both line up good at the joint. I would say the uniloc lines up a tad better. Both are good though & I'm kinda picky about this.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have a 5/16 x 14 too, so it would fit my Mezz. I really like the shaft. Gotta give them props. I do think I am going to change the tip though. I had a sniper tip on my Mezz ex Pro from about a month. I hated it. I think I would like this shaft even more if it had a tip I preferred on it. Thinking about installing a Kamikaze Platinum on it tonight.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 5/16 x 14 too, so it would fit my Mezz. I really like the shaft. Gotta give them props. I do think I am going to change the tip though. I had a sniper tip on my Mezz ex Pro from about a month. I hated it. I think I would like this shaft even more if it had a tip I preferred on it. Thinking about installing a Kamikaze Platinum on it tonight.

Let us know if you do and what you think.

I have miscued several times with the stock tip. So much so, that I have lost some confidence in it. I am considering options.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sniper tip did well but I changed mine out to the Kamui clear black medium, may try the soft next. Liked my Cynergy enough to sell the Revo I had and now selling my Becue shaft.

Now waiting to get the Pechauer CF when released.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sniper tip did well but I changed mine out to the Kamui clear black medium, may try the soft next. Liked my Cynergy enough to sell the Revo I had and now selling my Becue shaft.

Now waiting to get the Pechauer CF when released.

I may try a soft tip as well. Still deciding what though.

I tried the Jacoby CF at the Derby and really liked it but I think it was a preproduction model because it was thicker that the 12.3 they are selling now. I would really like to get into a 12.75 or so. Everything else seems a touch thin to me. I tried the 12.9 Revo and just did not care for it. It sounded weird and I could not get used to no ferrule. Screwed up my aiming.