CUETEC CYNERGY TRUEWOOD EBONY

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played with one of those models, not the Truewood but they are all the same outside of looks. The grip area seems a bit fatter than many other cues, it reminded me of the older Vikings, beefy but nice. Shaft is the same Cynergy shaft you can buy without the cue. Pretty good hit, probably the best cue Cuetec ever made.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played with one of those models, not the Truewood but they are all the same outside of looks. The grip area seems a bit fatter than many other cues, it reminded me of the older Vikings, beefy but nice. Shaft is the same Cynergy shaft you can buy without the cue. Pretty good hit, probably the best cue Cuetec ever made.
While not the ebony, I have played with the new Leopard Truewood Cue. In my opinion it s a step-up from the first generation Truewoods in terms of hit and performance. According to Cuetec's website its a new construction. To me the cue felt better balanced and had a better hit (meaning less vibration - more solid, not that the first edition was lacking). The leather wrap is certainly an upgrade, and I LOVE the rings!

Truewood-leopard.jpg

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
That looks much better than my 2yr old ebony with the faceted rings.
I didn't buy it for looks though. My pretty cues hang in the house and never leave.

Savant

While not the ebony, I have played with the new Leopard Truewood Cue. In my opinion it s a step-up from the first generation Truewoods in terms of hit and performance. According to Cuetec's website its a new construction. To me the cue felt better balanced and had a better hit (meaning less vibration - more solid, not that the first edition was lacking). The leather wrap is certainly an upgrade, and I LOVE the rings!
Hey, is the grip area slimmer than other cuetec cues like the svb ?
I saw Seyberts listed it as slim

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, is the grip area slimmer than other cuetec cues like the svb ?
I saw Seyberts listed it as slim
Seybert's can be a bit dense it looks like...:ROFLMAO:

The cue is available with either the 11.8 (slim) or standard 12.5 Cynergy shaft. The SKU on the page is for the 11.8 version (end in an S - see Cuetec Site). The butt is 31.5mm pretty standard.

Savant

Lol, I hear yah. Seyberts did have me confused. I emailed and asked them about it. The have since fixed the description and removed "slim"

Last edited:

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
"truewood" more like "veneerwood" another fairly expensive cue that can't be repaired..
After having custom cues damaged by clumsy fools at the pool hall, I went this route because I can get another but just like it in a couple days.
I don't find the butts to be that expensive and the shafts are pretty tough.