Cuetec R360 Shaft & Fiberglass?

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, i need the straight scoop here. in another thread i was told the R360 shaft is a regular wood shaft, with no fiberglass. but the Cuetec website says the first 10-12 inches or so is coated for protection. and i found a R360 Cuetec on Ebay for a decent price, but i saw this in the auction:

"High-Tech 15 1/2” Maple shaft with graphite core reinforced with fiberglass on the outside"

So, whats the scoop? is it a regular wood shaft? or does it have that fiberglass coating?

Mike
 
I've always thought they were all wood. With the composite core. The first few inches up from the joint are clear coated. I've never read that there was any fiberglass involved with that shaft.
 
Ok, i need the straight scoop here. in another thread i was told the R360 shaft is a regular wood shaft, with no fiberglass. but the Cuetec website says the first 10-12 inches or so is coated for protection. and i found a R360 Cuetec on Ebay for a decent price, but i saw this in the auction:

"High-Tech 15 1/2” Maple shaft with graphite core reinforced with fiberglass on the outside"

So, whats the scoop? is it a regular wood shaft? or does it have that fiberglass coating?

Mike

If it has fiberglass on the the shaft it's not an R-360. Johnnyt
 
If it has fiberglass on the the shaft it's not an R-360. Johnnyt

i was under the impression all cuetec cues were fiberglass and thats kinda what they do

at least that the thought from someone who has never touched a cuetec
 
From Cuetec:

•The R360 is constructed with a tubular composite core surrounded by four computer cut "A Plus" grade Canadian maple sections to ensure an exact fit.
•The R360 construction provides maximum radial consistency ensuring the most accurate cue ball response and control.
•The composite core inside the shaft controls deflection, squirt, distortion and prevents warpage.
•The 15 1/2" Pro Taper provides a long comfortable stroke.


The R360 doesn't have figerglass on the outside. It almost sounds like the G-core from McDermott to me, but not certain what the "composite core" is made from.
 
From Cuetec:

•The R360 is constructed with a tubular composite core surrounded by four computer cut "A Plus" grade Canadian maple sections to ensure an exact fit.
•The R360 construction provides maximum radial consistency ensuring the most accurate cue ball response and control.
•The composite core inside the shaft controls deflection, squirt, distortion and prevents warpage.
•The 15 1/2" Pro Taper provides a long comfortable stroke.


The R360 doesn't have figerglass on the outside. It almost sounds like the G-core from McDermott to me, but not certain what the "composite core" is made from.


No shit. Slap my ass and call me sally
 
No shit. Slap my ass and call me sally

Hope you don't mind if I pass on that offer Eddie!

Honestly, I think the r360 isn't a bad starter cue if you wanted to try one out but you will get a lot of crap from people on the brand. People like to make fun of cuetec because of the whole fiberglass thing they are known for. I would personally spend 70 bucks more and get the McDermott Warden with the G-core shaft, which is in my opinion one of the greatest starter cues out there.
 
First. When we shooting again ??

Second imho. I just can't get behind MON, NOV 29, 2010. I own an OB - 1 and tried the tiger 8 pro. Maybe predator is different but I just prefer my good 'ol JOSS. Happy as a pig in shit
 
1st - You know my schedule, let me know when you have a free night and we can shoot again, it was a good time. PM me or leave me a message on my cell. :)

2nd - You can't get behind today's date? Hehe, I think your computer is doing something funky. Your Joss is a great cue and you can't go wrong with OB shafts either. The OP was asking about r360s, which I consider to be a starter cue. Starter cues imo are under 300 bucks. Hard to get a Joss with an OB under that price unless you find a really good used deal. Although in today's market the deals are out there!
 
Ahh! Now it makes more sense! Feel free to try out my 314-2 next time we shoot if you would like. It has an Onyx tip on it so you would be trying 2 new things at once.
 
*sigh* haven't picked up cue since thursday. Taxi business almost nonexistant these days. You should do me a favor go get wasted and call a cab to get home. J/k j/k hopefully I won't have to assign my captain duties on wednesday to my co capitan just because I can't make rent *sigh*

How many time you gotta say I love my job before you believe it
 
I've always thought they were all wood. With the composite core. The first few inches up from the joint are clear coated. I've never read that there was any fiberglass involved with that shaft.


Ok, i found this on the Cuetec website. This makes more sense. its the first 10 cm.

"5. The first ten centimeters of the shaft has a clear coat protection to keep it from absorbing dirt and chalk when being assembled and taken apart."

Mike
 
Back
Top