CueTrack stroke trainer

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
https://www.seyberts.com/images/products/secondary/bh40-1.jpg

bh40-1.jpg

Roscoe,

The thing about the 3rd. eye is that it only 'checks' the stroke in the horizontal direction, which is good.

But... It will still let the cue rock in the up & down direction.

I do not recall seeing any of that in your stroke, but I just thought that I would mention it.

The Buddy Hall device has some room for error. Perhaps it can be tightened up by somehow affixing rubber washers on both ends, maybe with tape,

Best Wishes for You & Yours,
Rick

PS I also think Joe Tucker has a wooden device that sort of looks like a card shoe but I do not know if it works with conical tapered shaft.

Last edited:

Roscue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://www.seyberts.com/images/products/secondary/bh40-1.jpg

bh40-1.jpg

Roscoe,

The thing about the 3rd, eye is that it only 'checks' the stroke in the horizontal direction, which is good.

But... It will still let the cue rock in the up & down direction.

I do not recall seeing any of that in your stroke, but I just thought that I would mention it.

The Buddy Hall devise has some room for error. perhaps it can be tightened up by somehow affixing rubber washers on both ends, maybe with tape,

Best Wishes for You & Yours,
Rick

PS I also think Joe Tucker has a wooden device that sort of looks like a card shoe but I do not know if it works with conical tapered shaft.

Thanks for the info. The up and downwards motion is not really an issue in my stroke. It's more that the cue is moving away from my body when performing the backswing. I think they call it "chickenwing" here on AZ.

This is a result of my previous (bad) stance and alignment. My body was blocking the shotline so that the cue has no room to travel in a straight line (touching the chest or hip during the stroke). Instead of fixing the stance, I continued playing with a crooked stroke for years and learned to adapt.

Stance and alignment are now corrected and the cue is able to move straight forward and backward. I think it's because of muscle memory that the shooting arm is still moving away from the body, even when there's no need for that anymore. Need to get that out of my system.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Thanks for the info. The up and downwards motion is not really an issue in my stroke. It's more that the cue is moving away from my body when performing the backswing. I think they call it "chickenwing" here on AZ.

This is a result of my previous (bad) stance and alignment. My body was blocking the shotline so that the cue has no room to travel in a straight line (touching the chest or hip during the stroke). Instead of fixing the stance, I continued playing with a crooked stroke for years and learned to adapt.

Stance and alignment are now corrected and the cue is able to move straight forward and backward. I think it's because of muscle memory that the shooting arm is still moving away from the body, even when there's no need for that anymore. Need to get that out of my system.

I hear you.

I'm glad you got the stance thing corrected. I have had to slightly change my stance due to some weight gain after rupturing a disc in my back.

I have always focused on moving the cue exactly along its linear plane for every direction. It is a straight line implement/tool & that is how it naturally should be moved & used.

If THAT is the signal we consciously send to our subconscious mind then that is what our subconscious mind will attempt to do. If we send it no signal it will go on the old auto pilot based on the many many repetitions for which it was NOT scolded for bad behavior.

Good Luck with getting it worked out & All Best Wishes for You & Yours,
Rick

Last edited:

Roscue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear you.

I'm glad you got the stance thing corrected. I have had to slightly change my stance do to some weight gain after rupturing a disc in my back.

I have always focused on moving the cue exactly along its linear plane for every direction. It is a straight line implement/tool & that is how it naturally should be moved & used.

If THAT is the signal we consciously send to our subconscious mind then that is what our subconscious mind will attempt to do. If we send it no signal it will go on the old auto pilot based on the many many repetitions for which it was NOT scolded for bad behavior.

Good Luck with getting it worked out & All Best Wishes for You & Yours,
Rick

It's interesting how the conscious and subconscious interact in that way. How's your back now by the way?

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
It's interesting how the conscious and subconscious interact in that way. How's your back now by the way?

Thanks for asking.

I've not had surgery, so I can always feel it & there is some slight S1 numbness.

Unless I tweak it, it's "okay'. If I tweak it or exert myself too much there is mild pain but mostly discomfort for a day or two.

It's livable. The thought of having surgery crosses my mind every now & then. but I've heard some very bad & wasteful stories, so I think I will be waiting until it becomes 'unlivable' before I roll the dice with surgery.

Again, Thanks for Asking & Best 2 Ya,
Rick

Last edited:

SPetty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made this one years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEcUkTjqXYM worked very well for lots of people. I had quite a fe people asking about it at the expo. I am thinking about trying to make a few more. Let me know if interested. Thanks
I bought one of these Stroketrainers many years ago. I still have it somewhere - it was very pricy - some people made fun of it - but it's different than most of the others that are mentioned here I think. The OP seems to be concerned with ingraining the stroke in the muscle memory, and this device helps your arm move properly over and over again without having to watch it or guide it or muscle through it or think too much about it. The other devices, I think, can reveal that there is a stroke flaw, but aren't as good at the natural muscle memory repitition training. I hope I'm describing that right. With the Stroketrainer, you don't have to think about it, you just have to do it over and over to get the muscle tuned in and more accustomed to moving straight.

How was that, Uncle Doug? hahaha, just kidding, I don't know Doug.

Roscue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought one of these Stroketrainers many years ago. I still have it somewhere - it was very pricy - some people made fun of it - but it's different than most of the others that are mentioned here I think. The OP seems to be concerned with ingraining the stroke in the muscle memory, and this device helps your arm move properly over and over again without having to watch it or guide it or muscle through it or think too much about it. The other devices, I think, can reveal that there is a stroke flaw, but aren't as good at the natural muscle memory repitition training. I hope I'm describing that right. With the Stroketrainer, you don't have to think about it, you just have to do it over and over to get the muscle tuned in and more accustomed to moving straight.

How was that, Uncle Doug? hahaha, just kidding, I don't know Doug.

You described exactly my thoughts when I saw the stroketrainer for the first time. Although I have never used it myself, a quick search here showed that many people had benifit from using it.

I think you're right about the other devices. Things like the beer bottle drill show that your stroke isn't ok but can't correct it.. so you still don't know what a perfect stroke feels like. It's more like a diagnostic tool. With the Cue Track (and maybe the 3rd Eye Trainer by Joe Tucker) you have no choice but to stroke dead straight: there is no other option since side movement is eliminated.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found the beer bottle worked for me but only after setting it up with a ball beyond it that would be cut. This stopped steering in its tracks.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mr8ball

I am not trying to sell any or start an argument with anyone so please don't bash me. The thing about my Stroketrainer. I gave a written guarantee that if you used it for 30 days and did not see an improvement in your game I would buy it back. I only got one back. The guy just did not like how big it was or something. He never used it. I was fine with it. I just wanted to help pool players get better. Its like any training aid. You have to use it for it to work.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The problem with the Tucker 3rd Eye trainer is that you can still aim wrong and miss the shot. All it does is help you shoot straight. But, as we all know, if you shoot straight and don't have the aim, you miss the shot.

r/DCP

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The problem with the Tucker 3rd Eye trainer is that you can still aim wrong and miss the shot. All it does is help you shoot straight. But, as we all know, if you shoot straight and don't have the aim, you miss the shot.

r/DCP

But if you have the aim and don't shoot straight you'll miss as well. Seems a little harsh to criticize it for something it does not purport to do, All that means is that it is not a panacea, but it can still have value for someone who has a crooked stroke.

What shall it it profiteth a man if he aimeth perfectly but shooteth with a crooked stroke.

9baller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just purchased a NOS Cuetrack Stroke Trainer! These went out of production around 8-9 years ago, and they are VERY rare now.

Attachments

• IMG_1588.jpg
    IMG_1588.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
Some time ago, people had excellent results regarding their stroke using the CueTrack stroke trainer. Unfortunately, this device can't be bought anymore.

It's a shame that (from what I heard) such a great product is out of production. The idea of forcing the cue into a straight line, developing good muscle memory, has always attracted me.

Does anyone know of a similar product still available that basically does the same thing? I don't like the beer bottle drill as it does not prevent the cue going sideway.

Thanks!

cuetrack.jpg
On youtube, check out Bert Kinester's double "X" drill. Many repetitions should help you with this.

9baller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Out of curiosity, why is the cue sleeve needed? Couldn't you just cue between the prongs?
With the cue sleeve on you are not able to cue across the line of the shot, like most players do. It forces you to stroke perfectly straight and learn what a straight stroke actually feels like. The cue sleeve is plastic and fits perfectly between the two prongs.
You can even adjust the tension to your preference.