custom cue build

maxeypad2007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so i’ve been trying now to find a cue maker that will actually call me back and can do a high end ebony on ebony four pointer (preferably radial pin)

in a nutshell ive not found anyone who will call me back. ive got 4-5k to spend on a custom design

any ideas or takers ?

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He actually does answer the phone, well actually some lady did, then put me through to him. I was quite impressed that he took the time to answer a question I had on a cue of his that I saw for sale. Was really nice and helpful to talk with, considering everything I have been hearing on custom cue makers. Maybe you should also ask in the Ask The Cuemaker section in the Products section.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Omen cues is pretty responsive and builds a nice cue. I have spent some time chatting with him, good guy.

Stickman9

Chris Nitti is a really nice guy, and his workmanship is flawless. I think the waiting time for a cue is about a year and a half.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would try any of the above recommendations, beware of any contractor who does not return phone calls within a few days, it is usually a sign of bad things to come.

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's been a few years since I had him build me a custom cue, but Steve Lomax was incredibly easy to contact and work with. Can't say the same for Bob Owens. Called him a few times and left message, never heard back from him.

Jimmy_Betmore

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris Nitti... I bought a new/never used cue of his second hand and he still answered all my questions very quickly. But more importantly, the cue plays wonderfully and the craftsmanship is absolutely perfect.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris Nitti... I bought a new/never used cue of his second hand and he still answered all my questions very quickly. But more importantly, the cue plays wonderfully and the craftsmanship is absolutely perfect.
I've got a 2016 Nitti with badly bleeding veneers and slightly uneven points, so the craftsmanship on that cue is anything but perfect.

Can't say the same for Bob Owens. Called him a few times and left message, never heard back from him

A few months ago, I emailed Bob Owens a couple of times, and he always replied promptly.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got a 2016 Nitti with badly bleeding veneers and slightly uneven points, so the craftsmanship on that cue is anything but perfect.
That’s an absolute first that I’ve heard. I’d call Chris right away.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well Bob Owen is Member here, he does reply to emails.

He has gallery on website with his work.

Never seen nothing bad posted about unhappy customers.

FYI

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob Owen actually answers his phone......he is accessible, available and extremely talented in cue making.
If I was ordering another cue, Bob is the first cue maker I’d call to build my cue. He is just an amazing man.