custom cue build

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW, it takes a long time to build a custom cue really well. From start to finish, all my custom builds
took longer than a year to complete. That’s why my cues look pristine years later. Nothing changes.
The inlays, veneers, rings (some are very ornate) are smooth after all these years. My Runde Schon
is 37 years old....my TS cue is 16 years old....good cue makers make durable high quality pool cues.
My Owen cues are intricate, elaborate designs and the workmanship is just amazing. Bob is the best.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This post is intended for anyone that has had a disappointing experience with a cue maker.

Whatever disappointment(s) are in your past. Don’t let that discourage or dissuade you from
making a smart decision. Bob Owen is a man of his word. He will not disappoint you or offer
any excuses as none would ever be needed. Your cue will completed on schedule and you’ll
be kept abreast of its progress. Bob can pretty much undertake any design and he can help
you improve any design you might have in mind with masterful selection of wood types and
meticulous workmanship that is as crisp, sharp & praiseworthy as any other living cue maker.

So if you still have the urge to get a cue built exactly how you’d like it to turn out, do yourself
a favor and take Gabe’s advice. Call Bob this week or later in the summer. He won’t disappoint.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Seems like most makers are done taking custom orders after hassles with some bad customers. Most are making what they like then post it for sale. Guys still taking orders usually come with the waiting period.n

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've got a 2016 Nitti with badly bleeding veneers and slightly uneven points, so the craftsmanship on that cue is anything but perfect.
Surprised to hear that, every Nitti I’ve had or seen has been very impressive as far as the craftsmanship. Very accommodating the times that I’ve called.

71dewajack

Every time I've emailed Bob Owen, he responded in a very timely manner. Nobody is perfect, things happen of course, but I wouldn't hesitate having him build me one.