Custom Gold Crown Light

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Google “Brunswick Gold Crown Light”.

Thanks, yes, sorry for being so lazy; we multi-tasking. I found it, in the Brunswick archives, but not in the current catalog. It looks like the last appearance of this was in 2007.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, yes, sorry for being so lazy; we multi-tasking. I found it, in the Brunswick archives, but not in the current catalog. It looks like the last appearance of this was in 2007.

Yup, discontinued. It’s much cheaper to make my own and IMO, the Brunswick offering matches the GCIII onward but doesn’t match the profile of the GCI and II aprons. I used the aprons from my GCI to make the templates for my light.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup, discontinued. It’s much cheaper to make my own and IMO, the Brunswick offering matches the GCIII onward but doesn’t match the profile of the GCI and II aprons. I used the aprons from my GCI to make the templates for my light.

Nice. Any temptation to use aluminum trim on the corners?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What will total weight be? Looks heavy as hell.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. That would defeat the purpose as the are no aluminum trim pieces on the face of Gold Crown aprons.

Gotcha, I was a bit confused about which end was up; I thought maybe it was a reflection of the table.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Well done man! I've done some fine cabinetry over the years but mostly instrumentation and electrical work. Your work and details are appreciated here!

As far as the lighting color temp goes you've been given some solid advice. On that note, I wonder what the color temp of choice is for a commercial Diamond light when you purchase one or do the even come with lamps in the fixture? The lighting color and style(LED or Flouresent) options are many so you can pick your poison there!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corners done!

I finally got around to finishing off the corner on one of the lights. I think they came out pretty good and match the Gold Crown I aprons nicely. All that's left on this one is to make the plywood top and paint. I'm working on the corners of pocket's light and hope to have them both completed soon.

49466817002_2a85d437f5_c.jpg

49466817057_f1b3a52983_c.jpg

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally got around to finishing off the corner on one of the lights. I think they came out pretty good and match the Gold Crown I aprons nicely. All that's left on this one is to make the plywood top and paint. I'm working on the corners of pocket's light and hope to have them both completed soon.

Wow, you're doing a great job!!

When I was searching for a GC light I found 8 of them. So I bought them all. I only needed 2, so I sold 5, used 2 and kept a spare. Anyway, I don't remember what they weigh but I'm sure yours are much lighter that the GC light.

Are you going to paint it to match the aprons?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, you're doing a great job!!

When I was searching for a GC light I found 8 of them. So I bought them all. I only needed 2, so I sold 5, used 2 and kept a spare. Anyway, I don't remember what they weigh but I'm sure yours are much lighter that the GC light.

Are you going to paint it to match the aprons?

Yes. It will be blue and white to match the table.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It should look great.

I was thinking about doing it to my light, but I'm not sure.
The tangerine orange is a little loud. Just curious, what do you think? I have extra paint.

I'm going to paint mine with the tangerine. I'll post pics when it's done. If it's too obnoxious I'll just recoat in the GC off white.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It should look great.

I was thinking about doing it to my light, but I'm not sure.
The tangerine orange is a little loud. Just curious, what do you think? I have extra paint.

I'm a stickler for things matching so I'd probably do it.

dlvh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is looking Very Nice indeed, Scott. Keep up the good work!

Are you putting this up before the table gets to you, or are you waiting to get it perfectly centered?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is looking Very Nice indeed, Scott. Keep up the good work!

Are you putting this up before the table gets to you, or are you waiting to get it perfectly centered?

Thanks!

I'll be waiting until the table is finished.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Woodworking on both lights is complete! Time to prime, paint, install the fixtures and hang!

49554181043_e67d291bc6_c.jpg

49554181258_bcedf6d843_c.jpg