Custom Sneaky Pete plans, am I missing anything?

chenjy9

is it full splice? is it cored?

how much if you don't mind sharing?

$750. Not sure, but my guess from the pictures is full splice.

1.PNG

2.PNG

chenjy9

Spoke with Jerry Powers at length to iron out any last second details and will end up end up with the following:
  • 3/8x10 modified joint with no collar
    • Jerry assures me it will not splinter unless I abuse it
  • 12.5mm Navigator Alpha Pro Red
    • I have traditionally used medium, but Jerry was pretty high on this tip so looking forward to try it out
  • Curly Maple shaft with 15" taper
  • Cue Butt specs
    • Curly Maple forearm with Gaboon Ebony pointers
    • Gaboon Ebony sleeve without wrap
    • Forward balance point
    • 19oz weight
It is a bit different than what I was originally considering, but at the same time I am excited to try something different. Worse case scenario it becomes a showcase on the wall.

Also, Jerry is a fantastic guy who is a living repository of pool knowledge. I strongly urge people who are looking for custom cues at a fair price to reach out to him.

chenjy9

Wanted to share some recent pictures with you. Jerry Powers is almost finished! Just needs to apply the finish, install the bumper, and make my custom joint protectors and my baby will be all ready for me to welcome her home! The shadows in the first picture makes the cue look bent, but it's actually straight as you can tell from the later pictures. The last picture is the curly maple shaft.

IMG_2015.JPG
IMG_2018.JPG
IMG_2016.JPG
IMG_2017.JPG

chenjy9

Some final pictures before the finishing touches and then shipping!

Here is the Sneaky Pete itself
IMG_2156.JPG
IMG_2157.JPG

Here is the custom joint protectors I had him make for me. It unscrews where the ferrule is and looks like a mini sneaky when combined!
IMG_2154.JPG
IMG_2155.JPG

middleofnowhere

Registered
Some final pictures before the finishing touches and then shipping!

Here is the Sneaky Pete itself
View attachment 607434View attachment 607435

Here is the custom joint protectors I had him make for me. It unscrews where the ferrule is and looks like a mini sneaky when combined!
View attachment 607437View attachment 607436
I like your JP. Allen Hopkins had something like that that was real. He screwed it on the butt and used it as a jump cue. This was before they came up with rules on jump cues. Back when the jump pipe was a thing. He may even have been selling them.

chenjy9

I like your JP. Allen Hopkins had something like that that was real. He screwed it on the butt and used it as a jump cue. This was before they came up with rules on jump cues. Back when the jump pipe was a thing. He may even have been selling them.

Thanks and that honestly sounds brilliant for a jump cue!